! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Facebook shutdown Australia - Page 1/5

Subject: Facebook shutdown Australia
Replies: 35 Views: 1396
> »
mok214 18.02.21 - 01:54pm
Over that row that they have been having with a law that doesn't exist yet. Facebook has preemptively shut down access to Australiain news networks in Australia, and most of the government pages too. Even the emergency management pages.
Don't you get it, Facebook thinks they are your governor and you don't deserve representatiion. * +

shadow27 18.02.21 - 02:00pm
You can't share links from any Australian news service on FB. That's all. Honestly.. everyone is making it out to be a bigger deal than it is.

But yeah, I don't get why they want to block things like the Bureau of Meteorology or the emergency management pages.. think they are simply going all out. * +

shadow27 18.02.21 - 02:05pm
I really don't think it's FB that is the problem.. it's the media moguls and our government.

Not really a total news blackout, but they know how FB is used to disseminate news to the masses.. people form and share opinions there. It's kind of an organic process.. one that they probably feel they have no control over. * +

shadow27 18.02.21 - 02:08pm
Why is FB so worried?

They think other countries will try to implement similar laws. * +

3mel 18.02.21 - 02:17pm
I doubt the Australian government has any fb pages * +

mok214 18.02.21 - 02:40pm
Try watching Sky News Australia, they have all the details.They even have a YouTube channel. * +

eyesore 18.02.21 - 03:07pm
If it bothers you that much , delete it . * +

budgiesmuggler 18.02.21 - 05:57pm

@ shadow27 - 18.02.21 - 02:00pm
You can't share links from any Australian news service on FB. That's all. Honestly.. everyone is making it out to be a bigger deal than it is.

But yeah, I don't get why they want to block things like the Bureau of Meteorology or the emergency management pages.. think they are simply going all out.

Was there ever any 'news' to share ?
When was the last time you got actual news from an Australian news service ? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search