! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Smart meters. - Page 1/6

Subject: Smart meters.
Replies: 37 Views: 2486
> »
r3ckless 9.10.20 - 02:08pm
Who uses them and would you recommend getting one? I'm very much considering getting one! Pros and cons? * +

cam007 9.10.20 - 02:12pm
They don't always work depends where your old meter is. I had someone call about it and when he checked he said there was no signal for it so could not have one * +

3mel 9.10.20 - 02:15pm
cons:

* you get charged extra for the cost of having one fitted
* some models for electricity simply stop working
* you'll freak out about how much it costs to boil the kettle, run the microwave etc.

pros: I'll have to get back to you on that... * +

r3ckless 9.10.20 - 02:15pm
My meters are out in my hall. It's pay as you go I have. Just when I go out to top them up there's always an issue with my electricity key not working . Pain in the hoop. * +

r3ckless 9.10.20 - 02:17pm
I'm with sse and it's free installation. Suppose I better do some proper research before I make a decision. * +

3mel 9.10.20 - 02:22pm
if you're on PAYG just getting a normal meter will be cheaper. * +

mikeymk 9.10.20 - 02:27pm
I have one. In my head. It's effective enough. I suppose a meter will help me see better but my choices really aren't gonna change, there isn't much to be saved, so it'd just be info - useful only if it's accurate.

You can fit an amperage meter to any line or device yourself. I have one on my e-bike, tells me how much I've generated back into the batteries, which in turn means less charging at home..

You should be able to get one for a plug socket, so you can measure individual devices at a time. * +

piggle 9.10.20 - 02:50pm
fu*k that I just throw 100 quid a month at them so I don't even have to think about it * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search