! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

UBI - Page 1/6

Subject: UBI
Replies: 37 Views: 1501
> »
ufohunter 15.08.20 - 02:07pm
Universal Basic Income
A good or bad idea?
How should it be funded if it were to go ahead?
Thoughts? * +

ufohunter 15.08.20 - 02:08pm
Read somewhere that this system could actually grow the economy by 12 percent in the US alone.
Not bad. * +

ufohunter 15.08.20 - 02:13pm
It shouldn't come from taxes as this can cause animosity from the working class.
Funding should be diverted from other existing governmental budget streams. Those leading nowhere.
Inflation rate will stay the same.
Will increase spending and lower the crime rate, benefiting every citizen. * +

alanball 15.08.20 - 02:23pm
Where has rolled this out so far? I seem to belejve an area of the Netherlands have? * +

3mel 15.08.20 - 02:26pm
all government funds come from taxes.

maybe as a tiered system where the more skill or qualifications a career required effected the tier of standardised pay you'd be seeing.
you can't have doctors and binmen on the same money.

it would be too much for many people to stomach as a concept, not sure I'd like it that much myself. I do suspect however that if everyone got to experience it upon the magical click of someone's fingers, a lot more people would like some of the benefits it produced.

huge changes to society require everyone to recognise the approaching precipice of doom before enough will existed to try something new. it'll never happen. * +

ufohunter 15.08.20 - 02:26pm
Greek economist Yanis Varoufakis believes that funding should come from a 'Public Equity Trust' funded by a percentage of all shares of the stock market.

''So if capital is socially produced, why are returns to capital privatised?''

[Link]Big Think:https://youtu.be/O8B4U7o9kvg[/link] * +

shadow27 15.08.20 - 02:37pm
It's already happening. * +

ufohunter 15.08.20 - 02:42pm

@ ufohunter - 15.08.20 - 02:13pm
It shouldn't come from taxes as this can cause animosity from the working class.
Funding should be diverted from other existing governmental budget streams. Those leading nowhere.
Inflation rate will stay the same.
Will increase spending and lower the crime rate, benefiting every citizen.

Sorry, should then come from existing governmental budget streams from existing taxation avenues.
Or, from the 'Public Equity Trust' proposal by economists such as Yanis Varoufakis. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search