! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

John Lewis has pasted. RIP - Page 1/2

Subject: John Lewis has pasted. RIP
Replies: 11 Views: 1182
> »
strawfox 18.07.20 - 06:20am
Rep. John Lewis, a civil rights icon who began pushing for racial justice in the Jim Crow south, has died.
The Georgia lawmaker had been suffering from Stage IV pancreatic cancer since December. He was 80.

The son of Alabama sharecroppers, Lewis served in Congress for more than three decades, pushing the causes he championed as an original Freedom Rider challenging segregation, discrimination and injustice in the Deep South issues reverberating today in the Black Lives Matter movement. * +

mikeymk 18.07.20 - 07:18am
I know a guy named John Lewis. He has nothing to do with the department store called John Lewis, of which we have one here.

John and another mate Wayne were stopped by police here in MK in the 1990s one late afternoon. I wasn't with them, I was in a pub in Newport Pagnell, it was the two of them in Wayne's car. They were in the city centre, where the John Lewis department store is. Wayne's surname is Kerr.

The officer asked their names. John told them ''John Lewis'' and Wayne told them ''Wayne Kerr''.

It could so easily have been a cheerful, quick, routine stop. But no. The police had to cuff them and wait on the radio for confirmation - which eventually led to the lads turning up to the pub a round late. * +

sisfreak2017 18.07.20 - 09:02am
RIP.

Mikey, Wayne's parents didn't spend much time choosing a name.lol.gif * +

gt_tdi 18.07.20 - 09:07am
I was expecting a tale of wallpapering. Misleading titles are the worst.
Well, maybe not quite as bad as pancreatic cancer, but still.
Pretty bad. * +

tranie 18.07.20 - 10:56am
Its a good job your bame mate Sam wasn't with them, a certain Mr bow * +

3mel 19.07.20 - 04:00pm
[link]The Lincoln Project ~ John Lewis:http://youtu.be/JqZV--6Q2fg[/link] * +

deusexmachina 19.07.20 - 04:58pm
Civil rights not extra rights or special rights. Just civil rights. Imagining having to fight for those in the 20th Century. Mental. * +

vampirebutterfly 19.07.20 - 04:58pm
R.i.p * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum