! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Shamima Begum - Page 1/47

Subject: Shamima Begum
Replies: 328 Views: 10179
> »
vampboy 17.07.20 - 10:44am
Sooo, she can return to UK to fight for citizenship, Court of Appeal rules

Lord Justice Flaux - sitting with Lady Justice King and Lord Justice Singh - said: Fairness and justice must, on the facts of this case, outweigh the national security concerns, so that the leave to enter appeals should be allowed.

[link]https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53427197[/link]

I can't help, but wonder the competency of this decision; isn't it obvious that this decision may actually encourage some Brits to actually run off and join terror groups knowing they can always use the umbrella of human rights if things don't go according to plan?

* +

bambi60 17.07.20 - 10:52am
Am I right in saying she's not stateless ? That she could live in Pakistan legally because of her father ? * +

alanball 17.07.20 - 11:02am
The law has to be adhered to. The Governemnt knew full well she would win on an appeal and only rescinded her password for show. If she didn't do the Interview with the Times she'd of been back here long ago. Unfortunately she's our problem * +

obi_jon 17.07.20 - 11:03am
I'm somewhat suspicious that this story and the inevitable controversy it will provoke, will be used to distract the public from any number of things the government is currently doing and/or would prefer us not to be focused on. Like the upcoming release of the report on Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum and recent general elections, for instance, or just the generally incompetent sh*tshow they've made of handling the pandemic. * +

bambi60 17.07.20 - 11:05am
Well aye ,obi , I'd say so * +

vampboy 17.07.20 - 11:06am
Repeal the HRA bill; problem solved. Scu m like this rat should never be allowed on plane back to the UK. * +

bambi60 17.07.20 - 11:11am

@ alanball - 17.07.20 - 11:02am
The law has to be adhered to. The Governemnt knew full well she would win on an appeal and only rescinded her password for show. If she didn't do the Interview with the Times she'd of been back here long ago. Unfortunately she's our problem

She is ...I've just looked it up ,her dad is Bangladeshi ...they've said they will execute her
It's difficult in some ways as I'd call her '' groomed '' at 15 ...a hardened isis member since...and possibly traumatised after bearing and losing three children in five years ,as far as I read this latest thing is not to reinstate her ,but to give her a fair hearing ....most if her responses to questioning so far may be honest but show no remorse ...which is fine if you you don't want to live under the auspices of the ''enenmy '' * +

bambi60 17.07.20 - 11:13am
I think she'll always be a danger tbh
Where will she be returned to after ? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-47
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark