! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Rokos Basilisk - Page 1/4

Subject: Rokos Basilisk
Replies: 22 Views: 1272
> »
prattle 13.07.20 - 06:39pm
A thought experiment proposed in 2010 that suggests that if an ai is ever brought into existence that it may torture anyone who imagined the ai but didnt help to bring it into existence, i personally think that we need an ai to run the world, humans are sh*t at it. I think a good ai could find people their true purpose and weed out the super inefficient and unnecessary cunnts and just shoot them into space. This endorsement should save me the torture, what have you done to promote ai? * +

vampboy 13.07.20 - 06:50pm
Sure.
Go for it.
Merge with the AI or something.
I will be the John Connor in any such situation most likey.
I value freedom far too much and have high hopes for humanity generally. This is irrespective of the realisation I have about the futility of human life and the system that surrounds it ultimately. * +

obi_jon 13.07.20 - 07:29pm
I've just bumped shadow's 'quantum computers' topic, for the posts about Roko's Basilisk in there. * +

ogdenz 13.07.20 - 08:04pm
It's a great name for a death metal band. * +

mikeymk 13.07.20 - 08:17pm
If it's clever enough, it could sort out the good from the bad whilst people are still babies. Bad babies can be killed off before they get too aware, and we have better people in life.

Nod.gif good.gif * +

deusexmachina 13.07.20 - 08:44pm
I continued watching The Terminator films after the 2nd one. * +

mikeymk 13.07.20 - 08:54pm
Was that supposed to be posted in the scammed topic? * +

3mel 13.07.20 - 08:55pm

@ prattle - 13.07.20 - 06:39pm
A thought experiment proposed in 2010 that suggests that if an ai is ever brought into existence that it may torture anyone who imagined the ai but didnt help to bring it into existence, i personally think that we need an ai to run the world, humans are sh*t at it. I think a good ai could find people their true purpose and weed out the super inefficient and unnecessary cunnts and just shoot them into space. This endorsement should save me the torture, what have you done to promote ai?

dude, Westworld season 3. have you not watched it ?

really don't fancy the idea of humans as crap as we are sometimes, having our lives dictated to us by a machine.

that would still be eugenics, just by algorithm instead of something else. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index