! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Covid 19 tracker apps - Page 41/44

Subject: Covid 19 tracker apps
« <> »
3mel 29.09.20 - 02:04pm

@ mikeymk - 29.09.20 - 12:25pm
It's been that way from when the concept of a covid app was introduced - period. Because it can only ever drag behind the reality of the virus.

Unless every single person uses it, which is a ridiculous target, it can only function as a false sense of security. It'll be damaging. People who are currently careful will be led away from their current higher efforts, as it leads them to think areas they frequent are currently safe.

And yet, knowing I've been in close proximity doesn't help if I have no symptoms, so there's nothing to gain by following it.
Just everything to lose.

add to that also that quite a few people who have found out that they were contagious will prefer not to be sharing that info with people they walk past or work with.
people will fear being made into a pariah and not use the app. * +

mikeymk 29.09.20 - 02:32pm
An interesting take on that struck me today.

I happily returned to work today, after nearly 7 weeks off sick with a fracture. Having a brew with my boss, he had some boxes to tick - one was having to ask me, ''Have you been in close proximity to someone with covid-19 that you know of?''

Basically, if the app told me I had, I could've been sent home... * +

3mel 29.09.20 - 02:36pm
have you gotten a test since you were last asked about it ? from things you've said you could've had twice already. * +

mikeymk 29.09.20 - 04:11pm
There was a random handful tested here whilst I was off work.
Hopeless.gif
I still don't know of one I can go to without a car. But I haven't looked into it - in part because I don't see the point in getting tested atm. Since catching it a second time, I don't see info on antibodies as being useful. * +

9362 29.09.20 - 06:02pm

@ ogdenz - 29.09.20 - 01:02pm
Ultimately I don't give a fu*k. However when it suits me,when I fancy rattling your cage and having a laugh then I like to remind you of some of the preposterous things you have stated. No big deal..just a bit of fun and a few laughs for me.

Apart from the fact you have never rattled my cage... And as for preposterous everyone has different opinions and mine seem to be based more on reality then yours. If they give you a laugh then so be it. You are rather funny though * +

eyesore 30.09.20 - 05:36am

@ mikeymk - 29.09.20 - 04:11pm
There was a random handful tested here whilst I was off work.
Hopeless
I still don't know of one I can go to without a car. But I haven't looked into it - in part because I don't see the point in getting tested atm. Since catching it a second time, I don't see info on antibodies as being useful.

You don't know you've had it twice, you didn't get tested a second tine. It's more likely was a reoccurrence of the first one ....it happens a lot . * +

wakeup4 1.10.20 - 04:10pm
Imagine my shock * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-44
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark