! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Song Facts - Page 6/7

Subject: Song Facts
« <> »
tazdevil 14.07.20 - 09:00pm

@ tazdevil - 14.07.20 - 06:00pm
Oh my goodness! I wrote a massive post on here, and my browser crashed. I will get back to it later.

Not sure if it's a fact, but I read somewhere not too long ago that one of my most favourite Evanescence songs 'My Last Breath' was inspired by the 9/11 attacks in New York City.

It made me cry so much because I wasn't prepared for the emotions to hit me like a wave crying.gif

Ever since I read that, this is what I imagine (my interpretation)

'Hold onto me love,
You know I can't stay long,
All I wanted to say was I love you, and I'm not afraid'

(Pretty much self-explanatory)

The next few lines 'look for me in the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree. Come, and find me' means the people trapped under the debris (white forest = city covered in ashes, and hiding in a hollow tree = trapped under the fallen/shattered building)

'I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears,
Holding my last breath,
Safe inside myself,
Are all my thoughts of you,
Sweet raptured light, it ends here tonight'

(The first few lines are self-explanatory, and sweet raptured light is obviously referring to the myth of seeing a bright light as you are passing away)

'Say goodnight,
Don't be afraid,
Calling me, calling me as you fade to black'

(Say goodnight, don't be afraid = say goodbye before I sleep forever, and fade to black = suicide/jumping out of the building)

'Holding my last breath,
Safe inside myself,
Are all my thoughts of you,
Sweet raptured light, it ends here tonight'

(Self-explanatory)

Excellent song, check it out if you've never heard it before! * +

warded 30.09.20 - 02:21am

@ sisfreak2017 - 8.07.20 - 08:55pm
Milli Vanilli, despite being a huge success, never sang any of the vocals on any of their music.

singworryblush.gif

They were dancers and video boys. yes.gif The real MV was some german guy. * +

1owlcity 4.01.21 - 01:29am
Owl City explains reasoning behind confusing Fireflies lyric
Adam Young has done the math on the line Cause Id get a thousand hugs/ From 10,000 lightning bugs/ As they tried to teach me how to dance

By
Sam Moore
21st June 2017

Owl City has revealed the mathematical reasoning behind one of the confusing lyrics from his 2009 hit Fireflies.

Owl City aka Adam Young shot to prominence nearly eight years ago with the single, which went six times platinum worldwide and spent three weeks at the top of the UK singles chart.

Young has only now spoken out on one especially unclear lyric from Fireflies, where he sings: Cause Id get a thousand hugs / From 10,000 lightning bugs / As they tried to teach me how to dance. Listen to the song below, with the lyric in question popping up at the 1:08 mark.

Advertisement

Having bamboozled fans for years, Young has now clarified his take on the maths that the lyrics invoke after being asked on Twitter to explain whether each firefly hugs you 1,000 times, or do only 1/10th of the bugs give you a hug?

I was the recipient of 1,000 hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs for a grand total of 10,000,000 hugs, Young explained in reply. As the lyrics of the song clearly state, the average layperson would not believe their eyes if 10,000,000 fireflies were to illuminate planet Earth, nor would the average person conclude by natural instinct that 10,000 lightning bugs, acting as a collective group, are capable of embracing a human being 1,000 times without difficulty.

By the same token, a gathering of lightning bugs in such vast numbers form a sort of swarm, and a swam can collectively surround a human and deliver a hug that a single firefly, acting according to the dictates of his own conscience, simply cannot. Consequently, I was embraced 1,000 times by 10,000 luminescent insects.

Owl City last released an album in 2015 with Mobile Orchestra. * +

1owlcity 4.01.21 - 01:50am
The theme of the song Fireflies is the yearning to go back to their childhood. The Fireflies in the song when someone is catching them is a child because a child would catch Fireflies. * +

1owlcity 4.01.21 - 02:11am
Vanilla Twilight
by Owl City
Songfacts:
This is the follow-up single to synthpop act Owl City's chart-topper Fireflies.
This touching ode to love lost is about Adam Young's (a.k.a. Owl City) high school girlfriend who moved away. In an interview with Buzzgrinder on August 20, 2009, Young explained: I met the most charming girl imaginable when I was in high school and most of my 'cozy' songs are about her. She moved away to college for a few years and we kind of lost touch. She and I recently started talking to each other again and life has a way of reshaping sometimes. I'm absolutely crazy about her.
Young told The Sun February 12, 2010: That song is probably the oldest on the album. I wrote it when I first started in 2007 and I kept on tweaking it. When I need a ballad for the album, I switched some words around and it fitted perfectly. * +

1owlcity 4.01.21 - 02:54am
Umbrella Beach
by Owl City
Songfacts:
This is the first single released in the UK by Owl City, an Electronica/Pop project of Minnesota native Adam Young. A self-described shy-kid, this song reflects Young's desire to escape in dreams and hide away from life's pressures.
Young explained to Female First: 'Umbrella Beach' is about a hermit living in a box car on the edge of the shoreline that corroded so badly, it wound up at the bottom of the bay. Rather than finding a new home, the hermit chooses to learn to scuba dive and now spends his days deep under the waves in his boxcar. * +

ogdenz 4.01.21 - 03:52am
Leck Mich Im Arsch (B flat minor) is a piece by Mozart. It translates as Lick Me In The Arse. * +

« <> »

This topic is locked!

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search