! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

MPG - Page 1/4

Subject: MPG
Replies: 26 Views: 1211
> »
arsed 15.03.20 - 11:29am
I used our lasses 1.2 Corsa design tuva day and with petrol gauge flashing thought I best put a whole tenners worth in lol. Anyway did 35 miles there and back and it started flashing again! I checked tire pressure and no problem but clearly has a problem somewhere? Does anyone know what most garages charge to check the problem and what the cost would be for the common minor fixes like Oxygen sensor, air filter etc? * +

mikeymk 15.03.20 - 11:37am
I used a brand new Corsa-D ecoflex for a few months, about 8yrs ago now, it was crap on fuel. * +

obi_jon 15.03.20 - 11:40am
It's a Vauxhall, that's the problem.nod.gif * +

mikeymk 15.03.20 - 11:43am
Get a diagnostic reader on it, it's probably in limp mode. This means it's chucking fuel in to prevent pinking, because it's missing information it needs to fuel properly (sensor for air or exhaust probably) * +

arsed 15.03.20 - 12:03pm
Just rang garage it came from and they said free fix tomorrow so not bothered now. Get what you pay for and what you can afford at the time hence only cost 850 lol cheers * +

tranie 15.03.20 - 12:31pm
A tenners worth of petrol these days equates to around 1 and a half gallons. A 70 mile round trip depending on roads and driving style could use all that petrol nod.gif * +

mikeymk 15.03.20 - 12:51pm
Should get about 1.85 gallons, and a 1.2 Corsa should be doing 90 miles touring on that.

But yeah, there's a lot we don't know about the traffic, roads, driving style, etc.

I read it as 35 miles altogether, but if it's 70 then it's not terrible. * +

arsed 15.03.20 - 05:33pm
No chance! You'll get at least 110 miles out of a little 1.2 even if I drove it like Lewis Hamilton. You seriously think a tenners petrol drives no more than 35 miles? Clearly you either don't drive or own a tank lol * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search