! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

trump/usa cont..... - Page 1023/1324

Subject: trump/usa cont.....
« <> »
vampboy 25.11.20 - 04:00pm

@ 3mel - 25.11.20 - 03:57pm
I can't say I've read up on the subject, I have heard of strikes being called off and I have heard targeting mistakes like weddings being bombed.

I don't know anything about deliberately ignoring the presence of civilians to 'secure' a target.

It has been reported that 160 children have died from UAV-launched attacks in Pakistanand that over 1,000 civilians have been injured. Moreover, additional reporting has found that known militant leaders have constituted only 2 percent of all drone-related fatalities. These sources run counter to the Obama administration's claim that nearly for the past year there hasn't been a single collateral death due to UAV-based attacks.

The New America Foundation estimates that for the period 2004 until 2011, the non-militant fatality rate was approximately 20 per cent

They knew. They knew very well. They just didn't give a sh*t. They were just Muslims after all. * +

3mel 25.11.20 - 04:02pm

@ vampboy - 25.11.20 - 03:56pm
That, I can agree with you. There's zero evidence of Trump going on an indiscriminate killing as Obama save for engaging in a conflict he inherited off the records.
Those articles are just contententions; nothing more. Nothing less.

ah yes the ability to summarize articles without having read them, arguing for the sake of it if ever I saw it.

the pentagon wanted to take issue with estimates from observers and issued their own figures. they admitted to 190 deaths and if I remember right 70 plus injuries in a specific period under trump. that isn't zero evidence and very well might not be the full extent. * +

kimjongl 25.11.20 - 04:08pm
[link]http://foreignpolicy.com/2019/06/21/trump-fearing-casualties-aborts-iran-strike-at-last-minute/[/link]

Never mind civilians, Trump spared the military lives of his enemies. And openly ridiculed and made fun of the war mongers in his midst. That alone is better than any flowery words coming from the token. * +

vampboy 25.11.20 - 04:08pm
190 innocent civilian deaths? Released report by Pentagon? Yup, that's horrible. Innocent people should never have to die. And no, that's sadly still not an evidence of indiscriminate killing as much as it is of war casualities. A very unremarkable number for war casualities too, I might add. For a conflict you never initiated. In a region you had no interest in engaging with. * +

3mel 25.11.20 - 04:09pm

@ 3mel - 25.11.20 - 04:02pm
ah yes the ability to summarize articles without having read them, arguing for the sake of it if ever I saw it.

the pentagon wanted to take issue with estimates from observers and issued their own figures. they admitted to 190 deaths and if I remember right 70 plus injuries in a specific period under trump. that isn't zero evidence and very well might not be the full extent.

amend that first number to 130 * +

vampboy 25.11.20 - 04:11pm
Trump called off the planned attacks on three separate sites in Iran just 10 minutes before go time, after learning that the strikes would kill 150 people, the president said in a tweet Friday morning.

Not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone, Trump wrote. I am in no hurry.

THIS is why he has garnered respect from en-masses. He had nothing to lose by starting this conflict and everything to gain by causing havoc for future presidents. * +

3mel 25.11.20 - 04:14pm

@ kimjongl - 25.11.20 - 04:08pm
[link]http://foreignpolicy.com/2019/06/21/trump-fearing-casualties-aborts-iran-strike-at-last-minute/[/link]

Never mind civilians, Trump spared the military lives of his enemies. And openly ridiculed and made fun of the war mongers in his midst. That alone is better than any flowery words coming from the token.

yes I'll give him credit for not thinking 150 possible Iranian deaths were not worth it over a drone.
at that time according Jimmy Dore America was flying crewed planes into their airspace to bait a reaction. later they went on to kill Sulimani looking for a response. Iran is where trump's peaceful credentials slip off the most.

lots of old school pre-war style escalation rhetoric from trump, it reminded me of Iraq. * +

« <> »

This topic is locked!

+ go to page 1-1324
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search