! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

UK Politics cont... - Page 87/1528

Subject: UK Politics cont...
« <> »
ogdenz 18.11.19 - 06:10pm

@ 9362 - 18.11.19 - 04:57pm
I hope those what complain about poverty don't buy clothing items what are dirt cheap. Only cheap because foreign workers are paid a pittance, are heavily overworked, and live in appalling conditions

What do you think those in poverty buy? Armani suits?
Lol..Most are forced by circumstance to buy cheap clothing. * +

9362 18.11.19 - 06:23pm

@ slwnoris - 18.11.19 - 05:19pm
With the greatest respect, you need to wake up, even working people are struggling to pay bills and put food on the table, if they were all well off and paid properly by there employers, there would be no need for the state to make up there wages via benefits like working tax credits and child tax credits.
Even with those benefits people are still struggling to keep a roof over there head, why do they claim housing benefits, council tax benefit?
The fact is simple for years rents, food, council tax, has been going up while waged the haven't been let not forget people have expenses of getting your work, if there lucky they have a car and can afford the cost connected to that, if they don't have you any knowledge of the cost of public transport?
What all this clearly shows, the benefit system is proping up employers who do not pay a realistic wage, while handing out share divides to fat cat share holders, or in the case of private company the bosses are getting rich by the use of the benefit system ie by paying low wages knowing the benefit systems are there.
Mark my words when brexit comes, which I now hope it doesn't, but if it does things are going to get much worse.
What I can see happening is this, first we will become a extremely low wage economy, The tax laws will be changed to benefit the well off, by which I mean a place to deposit cash to avoid tax and for no other reason, sure this will please the bankers but that's all. No investment for jobs, Britain will be a poor version of Jersey.

If employers paid everyone more money as you say you'd be the first to complain about prices going up... Which they'd have to do to cover it * +

9362 18.11.19 - 06:25pm

@ ogdenz - 18.11.19 - 06:09pm
The devastation Brexit will bring will be real life too.
Lies come into it if you were told life will be better after Brexit.

Where is your proof it won't be better after brexit? * +

newt182 18.11.19 - 06:32pm

@ 9362 - 18.11.19 - 04:42pm
So it's complete utter bo11ocks then. Most sensible people judge poverty by what it was decades ago. Some people sadly still in that situation. Most of us ain't. If people budgeted properly and only purchased only what they need perhaps that would help

pmpl.gif hilarious.gif crazy.gif * +

ogdenz 18.11.19 - 06:38pm

@ 9362 - 18.11.19 - 06:25pm
Where is your proof it won't be better after brexit?

I have yet to read any economic report or any potential post Brexit deal thats been put forward that says we will be better off than we were as part of the EU.
Your naivety is shocking yet not surprising.
Where is your proof that financially leave voters in those areas will be any better off?
* +

9362 18.11.19 - 07:25pm

@ ogdenz - 18.11.19 - 06:38pm
I have yet to read any economic report or any potential post Brexit deal thats been put forward that says we will be better off than we were as part of the EU.
Your naivety is shocking yet not surprising.
Where is your proof that financially leave voters in those areas will be any better off?

So in other words it's all guesswork. Could be true, might not be. Are these all the experts who were predicted an economic meltdown after the referendum result? * +

recurve16 18.11.19 - 07:33pm
Refuses to vote because absolutely everybody is a liar.

Believes every word the doom and gloom merchants say. Pmpl.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-1528
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum