! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Assisted Suicide - Page 1/7

Subject: Assisted Suicide
Replies: 46 Views: 2534
> »
crimson 7.08.19 - 05:02pm
A while ago someone sent me an article about a 17 year old girl who apparently succeeded to get assistance to die. She wasn't terminally ill, but suffered from depression. I googled for more info, and apparently the first article wasn't quite accurate, therefore I'm not quoting or including links. But this got me thinking about the topic a lot. And I'm interested to hear everyone's views on assisted suicide. In the cases of terminal illness, severe disabilities and mental illness. How do you feel about it? * +

3mel 7.08.19 - 05:23pm
the person involved at the very least needs to prove they are of sound mind, know what they're asking for and show that they aren't being coerced.

that kinda rules out the mentally impaired unless it's degenerative and they get in quick. * +

crimson 7.08.19 - 05:41pm
That's what I think too, Mel. When I am depressed, I'm not myself and don't make good decisions. So I don't feel like a depressed person is of sound mind. * +

piggle 7.08.19 - 05:41pm
Your life, your liberty. It isn't always precious * +

crimson 7.08.19 - 05:46pm
Also I don't see why people who are able to do it themselves should involve anyone else. As an example, a person who is terminally ill, but is still mobile, doesn't need another person to help them die. Especially in countries where its illegal. Why involve someone if there's no need to? * +

crimson 7.08.19 - 05:50pm

@ piggle - 7.08.19 - 05:41pm
Your life, your liberty. It isn't always precious

True nod.gif * +

9362 7.08.19 - 05:59pm
Should be allowed * +

3mel 7.08.19 - 06:10pm

@ crimson - 7.08.19 - 05:46pm
Also I don't see why people who are able to do it themselves should involve anyone else. As an example, a person who is terminally ill, but is still mobile, doesn't need another person to help them die. Especially in countries where its illegal. Why involve someone if there's no need to?

I guess if you can be helped by another person, then they could be a doctor or nurse, and the method a painless one.

also simply having someone in the room is going to be of enormous comfort. your life is already so bad that you want to end it, facing that alone seems an excess of misery. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search