! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

What's cooking? - Page 1/4

Subject: What's cooking?
Replies: 24 Views: 406
> »
obi_jon 18.07.19 - 02:51pm
A topic in which to share your recipes and cooking tips.(chef) * +

mikeymk 18.07.19 - 03:11pm
If you use anything from a sealed tin or jar, it is already cooked (over a month on the use by date) and cooking it further will damage it and impair the flavour.

This is well known with things like soup, but less so with say a tomato puree...

So if you add anything as such to your cooking, do it in the final stage. * +

eyesore 18.07.19 - 03:13pm
I've just had a bottle of boost and a sausage roll ....not sure how they were made * +

mikeymk 18.07.19 - 03:26pm
You don't wanna Google that. * +

obi_jon 18.07.19 - 03:33pm
Quick and easy crispy egg rolls.

I saw this recipe on tv over the weekend. I've made it 3 times since then and it's rapidly establishing itself as a new favourite.

You will need eggs, butter(or olive oil), flour tortillas, a bowl or mixing jug and a non-stick frying pan that is big enough for the tortillas to lay flat inside, plus any extra fillings that you decide to use(optional).

Beat the eggs in a bowl/mixing jug and then melt a little butter in the pan. So far just like making an omelette.
Pour in just enough egg to thinly cover the base of the pan.
Before the egg has fully set firm in the pan, place a flour tortilla on top so that it sticks to the uncooked egg.
After a few more seconds, flip the whole thing over onto the tortilla side to toast for a minute or so.
At this point you can add whatever filling you want(grated cheese, sliced ham, sliced spring onions, sauteed mushrooms, pretty much anything you might put into an omelette really) spread out evenly on top of the egg.
Now slide the whole thing out onto a plate and roll it up like a big fat cigar, as tightly as you can without bursting it.
Cut it in half and serve it with your favourite condiment for dipping.yumyum.gif * +

mrfruity 18.07.19 - 07:12pm
Lard on toast * +

dodgey 18.07.19 - 07:22pm
Im working all weekend so prepped a chicken casserole to cook overnight in the slow cooker, cramed loads of veg in, carrots, onions, peas , leak, herbs, garlic, little bit of chilli,, chicken stock and 4 chicken breasts, I will have it for lunch every day over the weekend, had it before and its tasty and healthy. Im away visiting a mate in Riga from Monday and I know it will be lots of alcohol and eating out so I wanna be healthy this weekend. * +

ogdenz 18.07.19 - 07:37pm
I can smell something delicious cooking but have failed as yet to identify it. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search