! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Spoughts. - Page 160/161

Subject: Spoughts.
« <> »
alanball 19.02.24 - 09:23am

Ffs pmpl.gif * +

obi_jon 19.02.24 - 02:41pm

@ alanball - 19.02.24 - 09:23am

Ffs pmpl.gif

Is that Raoul Moat? Ffs indeedlol.gif I take it that's the Darlo firm is it?eyeroll.gif * +

obi_jon 21.04.24 - 06:49pm
What about the FA deciding to scrap replays in the FA Cup then? Bit of a kick in the nuts for the lower league/non-league teams if you ask me. It can make all the difference to some smaller club's financial survival if they go on a bit of an FA cup run and get drawn against a bigger team, maybe force them to a replay and possibly pulling off a giant killing act. Things like that are what make the FA Cup what it is and have led to some of it's most memorable moments.

No replays from the 1st round proper next season, I understand it's to do with fixture congestion for the big teams but they don't even enter the draw until the 3rd round so why do it from the 1st round? They could have got rid of them but from the 4th or 5th round onwards or something like that, it would still reduce the fixture congestion for the bigger clubs and leave some replays to give the smaller clubs a chance of some extra revenue.dontknow.gif
* +

alanball 21.04.24 - 07:02pm
Just give them the option to concede home advantage of they want to get a bigger gate. Bad enough s**t 0 0 draws going to extra time nevermind a replay * +

alanball 21.04.24 - 07:03pm
I remember in the early 90s Everton drew Woking away. The game got played at Goodison, Woking got rich. Everton went through. Everyone was happy * +

obi_jon 21.04.24 - 07:22pm
You've probably never experienced what it's like supporting a crap team in the lower leagues like I have though have you?
I was at Boothferry Park watching Hull City during our 1998/99 ''Great Escape'' season when we were rock bottom of the football league pyramid sat in 92nd place out of 92 league clubs and staring non-league football or a winding up order and the club ceasing to exist in the face. * +

alanball 21.04.24 - 07:48pm
Not yet, just a cr*p team in the top flight so far. It's financial why the lower league teams are kicking off because they want to ensure they get 50/50 gate money at bigger stadiums and higher ticket prices is that right? If that's right, I've already resolved that issue. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-161
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index