! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Environmentally friendly convenience stores - Page 1/10

Subject: Environmentally friendly convenience stores
Replies: 68 Views: 2691
> »
sephiroth 22.06.19 - 10:44am
..or supermarkets. Will that be even possible, futuristically speaking?
I'm talking totally green, no plastics, no heavy duty foil, all other forms of harmful packaging..
Unnecessary waste been eliminated.
Is this even feasible?
[Img]https://www.gordonbrandinggroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/logos-green.jpg' alt=''/> * +

crimson 22.06.19 - 12:44pm
I don't think so, companies only care about money. * +

crimson 22.06.19 - 01:04pm
Oh don't be a fool. We, humans, are killing our gorgeous animals. But I have hope, younger people are a lot more informed and environmentally conscious. * +

3mel 22.06.19 - 01:20pm
is it possible, technically of course it is. there's nothing particularly difficult about delivering food to stores and buying them differently. travelling to the shops with your own containers isn't mountain climbing.

is it likely given our inertia as a species ? probably not. businesses don't like upsetting customers leaving no-one to take the lead and develop a consensus. * +

dodgey 22.06.19 - 01:25pm
Everyone needs to play their part in protecting the environment. * +

sephiroth 22.06.19 - 01:37pm
I can't stand polystyrene. It just doesn't feel/look right when it escapes into my immediate surroundings.
Starch-based packaging peanuts should also be universally implemented in the boxing of all electrical appliances.

Now why do I tend to find polystyrene-looking beads in compost?
It's not biodegradable from what I've observed. * +

eyesore 22.06.19 - 01:56pm
This whole notion of man destroying the planet is all very arrogant. We're at best changing it, the planet will adapt and change to a point it may be inhospitable to man, but the planet will march on, just in a different form * +

mok214 22.06.19 - 03:11pm
There is no such thing as a carbon free convenience store or supermarket. Farming machinery produces carbon, packing plant machinery produces carbon, trains and lories produce carbon and your fat ars* produces carbon even if you're just walking to the market. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-10
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search