! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Tony Foulds. - Page 1/2

Subject: Tony Foulds.
Replies: 14 Views: 489
> »
obi_jon 22.01.19 - 10:09am
A rare good news story.(I'm genuinely welling up here)

For those of you who haven't seen or been following it:Tony was an 8yr old boy when on Feb 22nd 1944 he witnessed a US B17 bomber crash into the park where he and his friends were playing, sadly killing all onboard. Tony never forgot that day or those dead airmen and when a small memorial was erected in the park during the 1970s, he took it upon himself to look after it and bar illnesses, has visited it everyday since then to pay his respects and keep it looking neat and tidy. This may have been the end of the story, one man's selfless and unnoticed personal tribute, until a chance encounter in the park earlier this month with BBC presenter Dan Walker.

[link]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-south-yorkshire-46762440/sheffield-man-s-pride-tending-to-plane-crash-memorial[/link]

Since then, Tony's story has gone viral and touched thousands of people around the world and i'm pleased to say, it has now been confirmed that he will indeed get his one wish, for a memorial fly past, which will now take place on the anniversary of the crash next month.clapping.gif * +

recurve16 22.01.19 - 11:00am
Must have been some sight for an eight year old to take in.
Good on him... * +

xivanax 22.01.19 - 12:09pm
Wow bless him. There is humanity in this world. Far and few atween but its there * +

obi_jon 22.01.19 - 01:40pm
Apparently he has felt guilty about the crash ever since because the pilot had been trying to avoid crashing into the kids.

[link]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/22/ww2-plane-crash-memorial-honoured-fly-past-pensioner-sparked/[/link] * +

9362 22.01.19 - 01:46pm
Nice story * +

xivanax 22.01.19 - 01:47pm
I take my hat off to these heros. We found my great granda had passed away in ww1. Its a long story. Actually it like something out of who do you think you are. Turns out am eighth Dundonian. Do incredibly proud * +

sisfreak.2017 23.01.19 - 02:24am
nice story good.gif
so many of those plane cashes all over uk
, quite a lot high up on moors round here , i think all of them get poppies, small crosses n wreaths around November, but not unfortunately many of them have memorials. * +

crail 23.01.19 - 02:40am
I keep reading this as terry folds * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum