! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Everything BEER - Page 26/80

Subject: Everything BEER
« <> »
obi_jon 28.07.19 - 12:50pm

@ obi_jon - 21.07.19 - 12:36pm
They make this too.

Does that include some of these? * +

dodgey 28.07.19 - 05:18pm

@ obi_jon - 28.07.19 - 11:49am
Got some nice little micropubs round here now, like the Butcher's Dog in Driffield and Chequers in Beverley, quite a few local breweries have their own Tap Houses as well, like Brass Castle in Malton, Brew York in York and Atom in Hull. Loads more a bit further afield in Leeds, who have Northern Monk and then there's the Salt brewery in Saltaire and Magic Rock in Huddersfield. All of them are putting out some really cracking beers.good.gif

Been to the craft beer place in Leeds near the station. Not a bad selection. Think its a Beerwulf * +

obi_jon 28.07.19 - 05:56pm
Don't really venture into Leeds that much tbh but i've tried a few of the Northern Monk beers and I can highly recommend them, they make all sorts of styles and i've not found a duff one amongst them. They do quite a lot of small batch experimental stuff and collaborations with other breweries as well. * +

obi_jon 28.07.19 - 07:17pm
Anyone whose looking for a bargain price craft beer to stock up their fridges with during the hot summer months could do a lot worse than having a bash at Pistonhead's Haze Lager(5.1'/.). It's an unfiltered cloudy brew, dry hopped using galaxy hops, VERY(dangerously) easy drinking, much more like a New England or Vermont style pale ale than a lager, easily the equal or even superior to a lot of craft beers i've tried costing 3 or 4 times as much money. I'll very happily be able to drink this myself and be able to serve it to guests without resenting them for costing me a small fortune in more expensive beers.drinks.gif * +

mikeymk 28.07.19 - 08:50pm
Someone gave me a bottle of Brothers' Parma Violets cider, today. Said they saw it and thought of me. Bit odd, as i haven't drank cider in months, but i gave it a go anyway.

The first taste had me thinking i could taste it, but the cider impaired it to the point where it was just a weird flavour. Despite their being zero apple cider flavour either.

Then there was the aftertaste, and pallet. Because it wasn't just flavour but texture. A dry, powdery, chemically and somehow distantly familiar sensation - it took a while to pin it, only to realise it was the taste of Beecham's powders. That's what it was. It tasted like a cheap can of Perry with a few sachets of Beecham's powder in it.

I poured 2/3's of it away. * +

obi_jon 30.07.19 - 08:21pm

@ mikeymk - 28.07.19 - 08:50pm
Someone gave me a bottle of Brothers' Parma Violets cider, today. Said they saw it and thought of me. Bit odd, as i haven't drank cider in months, but i gave it a go anyway.

The first taste had me thinking i could taste it, but the cider impaired it to the point where it was just a weird flavour. Despite their being zero apple cider flavour either.

Then there was the aftertaste, and pallet. Because it wasn't just flavour but texture. A dry, powdery, chemically and somehow distantly familiar sensation - it took a while to pin it, only to realise it was the taste of Beecham's powders. That's what it was. It tasted like a cheap can of Perry with a few sachets of Beecham's powder in it.

I poured 2/3's of it away.

Never liked Parma Violets, they taste of chalk and grandmas, and i'm not usually a big cider fan either but Brothers toffee apple flavour cider is actually quite nice. * +

dan27notts 30.07.19 - 10:33pm
Had about 60 pints of Jupiler this weekend in Belgium. Steady lager for when you're on the session * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-80
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index