! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Thanksgiving.. - Page 2/13

Subject: Thanksgiving..
« <> »
zombiekiller 19.11.18 - 09:20pm
My mom didn't like thanksgiving she part Seminole, I think her mom was half. She would cook turkey tho. * +

slick_01 19.11.18 - 11:29pm

@ peta - 19.11.18 - 08:26pm
So whos celebrating? And if youve never celebrated it, whos observing it just as a day of giving thanks despite the underlying reason?

You dont have to be American. You can just say youre thankful for something here.. Ill start.

I wouldn't mind joining people for thanks giving but I personally do not celebrate it * +

peta 19.11.18 - 11:53pm

@ ogdenz - 19.11.18 - 09:01pm
Will the Native American communities be celebrating it? If I were born in the States i'd like to think I wouldn't celebrate it.

People hold on to too many sh*t.

Emancipate yourself form mental slavery, or live in it for generations. It has to start somewhere.

Youd also be surprised to know native Americans take part. And though it has historical stuff, it has evolved as a family holiday of pure gratitude. No one mopes about anything anymore. * +

peta 19.11.18 - 11:54pm

@ zombiekiller - 19.11.18 - 09:20pm
My mom didn't like thanksgiving she part Seminole, I think her mom was half. She would cook turkey tho.

Lol, exactly. It has evolved. Its a big family get together now, probably more revered that Christmas actually. * +

shadow27 20.11.18 - 12:10am

@ peta - 19.11.18 - 11:53pm
People hold on to too many sh*t.

Emancipate yourself form mental slavery, or live in it for generations. It has to start somewhere.

Youd also be surprised to know native Americans take part. And though it has historical stuff, it has evolved as a family holiday of pure gratitude. No one mopes about anything anymore.

I think if anyone is going to 'hold onto sh*t' then indigenous people have every right to. They seem to piss and moan a lot less than some imo. *cough* BLM *sneeze* gosh, excuse me. * +

zombiekiller 20.11.18 - 12:47am
I got a turkey. Going to have leftover turkey. My family is small, and I can't eat much. But I love turkey happy.gif * +

peta 20.11.18 - 12:57am

@ shadow27 - 20.11.18 - 12:10am
I think if anyone is going to 'hold onto sh*t' then indigenous people have every right to. They seem to piss and moan a lot less than some imo. *cough* BLM *sneeze* gosh, excuse me.

Exactly, as Ive been saying, you can get invited to anative americans thanksgiving dinner and put to sit in the middle amongst family and friends. Its good stuff, most holidays come from a history yes, not to remind us of the ill that was done, but all the good that blossomed from it. We would have never had a day /festivity/ grand celebration like this to bring family and friends together of Britain had not come over. But its ours, we love it, its grander than Christmas as its native to us. We are proud to celebrate it, and I speak for 90 of Americans when I say this. (USA) * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-13
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index