! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Generation Snowflake - Page 1/21

Subject: Generation Snowflake
Replies: 146 Views: 3938
> »
dan27notts 19.11.18 - 01:53pm
We've all heard the stories how university students these days need safe spaces and protection from being offended. So post your stories here so we can all have a bi**h and a moan how it was different in our day. Here's a story to get us going

[Link]https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/19/lecturers-banned-from-using-capital-letters-to-avoid-upsetting-students-8154365/?ito=amp-trending-1[/link] * +

dan27notts 19.11.18 - 01:54pm
Lecturers have been banned from using capital letters when assigning work to students because it might upset them. A memo sent out to staff at Leeds Trinity journalism department suggested using uppercase letters may scare them into failure It also suggested ways they could address their students, such as writing in a friendly tone and avoiding overbearing and negative language. Critics have since slammed the memo, saying it is just aiding to the snowflake generation being overindulged throughout their education * +

peta 19.11.18 - 01:59pm
Sigh.

Soon when ppl breathe others will feel threatened. * +

peta 19.11.18 - 02:00pm
Its like a paradigm shift of victimization. * +

mikeymk 19.11.18 - 02:12pm
Who says it might upset them? Its not the so-called snowflakes who are the problem, or at least it's not their fault - its the middle-aged do-gooders in such positions of relative authority, who were emo pill-heads in the '90s, now creating the padded playground.

Likewise parents who won't let their kids out to play in the mud, creating snowflakes by the design of the parent's selfishness because they don't want to have to worry about their kids.

I said all this 15yrs ago when New Labour were making everything fool-proof for everyone, I was right then and it has snowballed accordingly. And the deeper and more ridiculous the nanny-state mentality is practiced, the more damage it's doing to the next generation. * +

dodgey 19.11.18 - 02:12pm
Students need to be reminded who they are , just older than being kids and never contributed to the country, I never take them seriously. * +

dodgey 19.11.18 - 02:22pm
Students and snowflakes moan about Brexit and want to remain and they also idolise Jeremy Corbyn who is more pro Brexit than Boris Johnson lol lol.gif says it all really. * +

ogdenz 19.11.18 - 02:28pm
Don't you become a snowflake yourself the moment you get bothered or become angry about snowflakes? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-21
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search