! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Generation Snowflake - Page 21/21

Subject: Generation Snowflake
« <
mikeymk 12.04.19 - 11:20pm

@ dan27notts - 12.04.19 - 07:31am
Which points back to my other post, whats more important? Peoples religious beliefs or the rights of homosexuals?

One aspect is about action, another about thought.

Protecting people against negative action is paramount. Gay or religious, they should be protected against things like physical abuse, unfair dismissal etc the list goes on.

What we then have are the thought police. They're irrelevant. I can hate gays or jews as much as I like, but if I'm not actually harming one then there's no case to answer. And that's relevant because it's where the clash happens from the other side - such as Muslims hating gays.
It's only a problem when a Muslim does something to harm a homosexual. But the Muslim is free to believe what he likes.
* +

mok214 12.04.19 - 11:36pm

@ mikeymk - 12.04.19 - 11:20pm
One aspect is about action, another about thought.

Protecting people against negative action is paramount. Gay or religious, they should be protected against things like physical abuse, unfair dismissal etc the list goes on.

What we then have are the thought police. They're irrelevant. I can hate gays or jews as much as I like, but if I'm not actually harming one then there's no case to answer. And that's relevant because it's where the clash happens from the other side - such as Muslims hating gays.
It's only a problem when a Muslim does something to harm a homosexual. But the Muslim is free to believe what he likes.

grin.gif * +

dan27notts 25.10.19 - 10:41pm
Oxford student union bans clapping as not to 'trigger' people. I honestly hate the world my son will have to endure. * +

3mel 25.10.19 - 11:32pm
this stuff isn't gonna catch on, for one thing it's limited to people seemingly living down a particular rabbit hole. they're trying to fix the world with one tool only, they can only arrive at the realisation that it's all nonsense sooner or later.

meanwhile everyone else has been going about their days unaffected. * +

dan27notts 26.10.19 - 12:13am
Unfortunately this kind of mentality is infecting the university's in this country just like it has in America. These are supposed to be high educated and intelligent people who will hold some of the top jobs in this country and i can only see things getting worse. * +

3mel 26.10.19 - 12:53am
look how the hippies turned out, I wouldn't worry about it. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-21
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark