! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

The rise of the machines. - Page 1/3

Subject: The rise of the machines.
Replies: 18 Views: 320
> »
obi_jon 16.10.18 - 12:28pm
The robots have taken a big leap(literally) closer to replacing us ''ugly bags of mostly water''(humans).
Atlas, a 'search and rescue robot'* developed by Boston Dynamics as part of the US govt's DARPA(Defence Advanced Research Project Agency) programme, [link]can now do Parkour!:https://youtu.be/LikxFZZO2sk[/link]wow.gif

* because that sounds a lot less scary than 'ROBOT SUPER-SOLDIER'.afraid.gif * +

0gypsy0 16.10.18 - 12:36pm
Good! * +

trashy 16.10.18 - 12:44pm
Today, parkour... tomorrow, the world dead.gif * +

obi_jon 16.10.18 - 12:46pm
It has already been demonstrated that it can pick up and use ordinary(for human use) power tools like a drill.(which could just as easily be a gun). * +

gt_tdi 16.10.18 - 12:47pm
'DARPA' sounds contrived, 'Advanced Defence Research Agency' makes more sense. But I guess 'ADRA' sounded a bit more like an evil organisation. Fuck robots. I mean, they probably fuck the robots. * +

3mel 16.10.18 - 01:24pm
I had visions of back flips over chasms, we still have some time yet where we'll be able to just push them over. * +

obi_jon 16.10.18 - 01:30pm

@ 3mel - 16.10.18 - 01:24pm
I had visions of back flips over chasms, we still have some time yet where we'll be able to just push them over.

Actually, no we can'tnono.gif. An earlier demo showed it's ability to maintain it's balance whilst withstanding repeated impacts from projectiles being shot at it. Which would be exactly the sort of skill needed in a robotic super-soldier. * +

obi_jon 16.10.18 - 01:39pm
It's biggest drawback at the moment is it's power supply, as it's current batteries only last for a maximum of 1 hour before they need to be recharged. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search