! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Who rembers when - Page 11/18

Subject: Who rembers when
« <> »
corpse81 19.09.18 - 06:19am
I do. I remember writing letters to some friends and visiting them at their homes to hang out. I didn't get a mobile phone until I was 20. * +

tranie 19.09.18 - 10:18am

@ ogdenz - 18.09.18 - 10:03pm
Tranie and digits are so old this post will be mentioning remembering carrier pigeons when they join in.

always felt sorry for those poor birds having to fly with a fkn big granite tablet strapted to their leg sad.gif i can also remember when phone boxes took 2p coins oldman.gif we didnt get a house phone until i was about 15 before that you would give a neighbours phone number to family to use in an emergency nod.gif I didnt get a mobile until i was about 32ish I didnt really want one but needed it for business. Didnt get wap on a phone untill my 3rd or 4th phone, didnt need it. I knew about the internet from college in 1990 wasnt much happening on the net back then, there wasnt even any russian midget p0rn around back then sad.gif * +

tranie 19.09.18 - 10:21am
the day we got a home phone installed, me and my mate had to go round to the phone box to phone it just to make sure it was working. My mum was hoaching for someone to call it. * +

tranie 19.09.18 - 10:24am
its quid.gif1 to make a call from a phone box these days a fkn quid angry3.gif i recently changed phone contracts and was without a working phone for 24 hours, i needed to phone mrs T so thought id use a phone box, quid.gif 1 minimum charge that lasted about 2 mins. * +

shadow27 19.09.18 - 10:29am
It was sh*t.

But I did read a lot more. * +

trashy 19.09.18 - 10:32am
Yes. Calling round your mates to see if they wanted to play out, and then realising they weren't in so having to walk all the way back home annoyed.gif * +

bambi60 19.09.18 - 01:10pm

@ gt_tdi - 18.09.18 - 10:38pm
This kind of reminds me of something I witnessed when I first moved down here (Somerset).

I'd taken my motorbike to the dealer for a service, dropped it off first thing in the morning. The bike dealership was literally the last building on the edge of town. There'd been an accident further up the road, so traffic was backed up.
A 50-ish year old man pulled into the car park and scurried into the shop, looking a bit frantic and asking (in a very, very thick Somerset accent) if he could borrow a phone to call his mother. The salesman handed him a cordless phone and the man just stared at it, in the same way you'd expect if the salesman had pulled down his trousers and pants and shat in the man's hand instead.
After a few awkward moments, the salesman offered to dial the number, to which the man agreed. He then passed the phone back to the man, who held it in front of his face, like a walkie talkie, shouting ''Mother! MOTHER! There be an aaaaccident by the church. Mother! Can you hear I?''
I just stood there, staring in amazement and wondering if I'd made the right decision in moving here.

laugh.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-18
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum