! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

4 Flights connecting - Page 1/4

Subject: 4 Flights connecting
Replies: 25 Views: 881
> »
john_163 7.08.18 - 06:35am
ok since i have 4 flights connecting to reach alaska, do i have to checked-in luggage all 4 times or will they take care of my luggage till i reach alaska juneau? * +

psnality 7.08.18 - 06:37am
It's best to ask whoever it is that you booked the holiday with * +

john_163 7.08.18 - 06:38am
tnxx i guess il do thatthumbsup.gif * +

shadow27 7.08.18 - 06:41am
It's oh so cold in Alaska singing.gif * +

john_163 7.08.18 - 06:56am
i know lol.gif im excited * +

obi_jon 7.08.18 - 10:14am
You won't need collect your checked in luggage when you change planesnono.gif, you'll collect it from the baggage carousel when you arrive at your final destination of Juneaunod.gif. Sometimes if the journey involves more than 1 connecting flight, your luggage might not even be travelling on the same planes as you.airplane.gif
If you're taking 4 seperate flights to reach your destination, your luggage might be travelling seperately and reach Juneau using only 2 flights(from the departure point direct to the nearest major airport hub(eg, Vancouver), then onwards from Vancouver to Juneau)
It all sounds rather complicated and unnecessary but they do it all the time, it's to do with cargo weights and air fuel costs. I only learnt all this recently from someone who had just returned from a holiday abroad and was busy tracking down their luggage, which had been lost in (outbound)transit. They did get it back eventually, nearly 3 weeks after returning to the UK, they'd had to buy a load of new clothes and stuff to wear/use while on the holiday. * +

tranie 7.08.18 - 10:22am
on the way to vegas we had to change in chicago we had to collect our bags and go through customs, then recheck our bags. It took about 3 hours and a lot of standing in very long lines. Made the mistake of going out for a cig, fk me another 2 hour wait in long lines to get back in, by the time id got back in, i needed another cig * +

shirl 7.08.18 - 10:30am
Soz i duno.but have fun. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum