! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

MP's calling for proxy vote ? - Page 2/3

Subject: MP's calling for proxy vote ?
« <> »
eyesore 21.06.18 - 04:11pm

@ tranie - 21.06.18 - 02:52pm
Uk MP's are calling for the right to vote on legislation by proxy, ie an email, txt, phone call etc. It comes after the recent Brexit vote. Where a labour MP was wheeled in to the voting lobby in a wheelchair, she had been ran over a few weeks ago and had discharged herself from hospital. Another MP was due to give birth any moment. I do have sympathys with these people but dosnt the fact that you have to vote in person mean that they have listened to the debate both for and against and made a decision based on that ? If MP's could proxy vote why bother turning up at westminister at all ? they could just sit at home in their undies watching Erotic asphyxiation vids, and go on countless foreign junkys. [link]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44561399[/link]

They have some kind of buddy system in place for all votes apart from a 3 line whip ... i.e. A Tory will be paired with a labour and if one can't make it then the other one doesn't either .... as for a three line whip they should be towing the party line so being there for the actual debate is pretty irrelevant and they should be able to vote by email * +

alanball 21.06.18 - 05:29pm
Id take the postal vote off abled bodies people. c**ts drive to a post box that's further away than tge polling station. I quite enjoy my stroll down to the polling station to partake in some democratic nonsense * +

tranie 21.06.18 - 07:28pm
Mistake posting * +

gt_tdi 21.06.18 - 07:29pm

@ tranie - 21.06.18 - 07:28pm
Mistake posting

Laugh.gif Saw that. * +

tranie 21.06.18 - 07:39pm
Though it was my txt facepalm.gif old ppl and technology sad.gif * +

budgiesmuggler 21.06.18 - 08:30pm
3 free proxy votes per year.
Medical certificate required (obtain at own expense)

Additional proxy votes = quid.gif5000 each * +

dodgey 21.06.18 - 08:31pm
No, MPs are here to serve the public, we vote them in so are infact their employers and employees are expected to go to work when required. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index