! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Sepsis - Page 1/5

Subject: Sepsis
Replies: 29 Views: 1542
> »
crabit.1 3.04.18 - 11:35am
My friend got a tiny paper cut,began feeling ill with flu like symptoms she went to the pharmacist who gave her advice and a dressing for the cut which was by then infected,the next day she rang her gp for a call out but that was the day the beast from the east put Fife on red alert so no gp went out to her,her daughter went in the next day and her mum was unresponsive so she called 999 but because they live in a remote area she was told an ambulance would not make it,so she and her husband got her into the 4x4 to the hospital,she was put into a coma and the family were told she was not going to make it to gather everybody to say goodbye....but she fought and eventually they brought her out of the coma,still in a critical condition for the next few weeks to be told she will be getting both hands and both feet amputated,she is currently in surgery right now getting her hands amputated,once shes strong enough her feet will be amputated....shes only 54 years old and all this because of a paper cut sad.gif * +

ogdenz 3.04.18 - 11:41am
That's awful. * +

ladibud 3.04.18 - 11:47am
hug.gif so sorry for what she is going thru and how it must affect you as a friend....

absolutely shocking and terrible. .. can't even begin to imagine what a shock that must be and what an adjustment it is going to be. not going to be easy * +

sisfreak2017 3.04.18 - 11:48am
yes its a bad thing , my friends father died after get sepsis after had hospital surgery .
My nices husband got blood poisoning from a garden thorn , jeez kinda makes you paranoid i always wash cuts with tcp or vinegar ,i think whatever hurts most when cleaning it is best ,so guess vinegar works.
Haven't tried sulphuric acid or boiling water yet as think theyd make things worsecrazy.gif * +

ogdenz 3.04.18 - 11:50am
Without wishing to sound disrespectful I wonder why someone would go to a pharmacist with an infected cut? * +

ladibud 3.04.18 - 11:53am

@ ogdenz - 3.04.18 - 11:50am
Without wishing to sound disrespectful I wonder why someone would go to a pharmacist with an infected cut?

i would. I have before. I don't like going to doctor for every little thing. and an infected little cut is hardly an emergency to most of us most of the time.

my husband cut his thumb a while back and it got infected. we went to the pharmacist and was given something that worked quick and well. * +

crabit.1 3.04.18 - 11:54am
My mum had sepsis too,what she went through was horrendous so I cant even imagine what Margaurite has suffered and about too readjust her life with her disabilities,shes been told she will get standard prosthetics and a standard wheelchair so a funding page has been set up to help her get the best prosthetics to give her some semblance of independence. * +

crabit.1 3.04.18 - 11:57am

@ ogdenz - 3.04.18 - 11:50am
Without wishing to sound disrespectful I wonder why someone would go to a pharmacist with an infected cut?

Because she was feeling like shyte and the snow had arrived the chemist is across the road from her,if the pharmacist had said she should see a gp shed have tried to get an appt,when I say tried I mean begged,sometimes here we wait up to two weeks for an appt. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search