! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

it's snowing - Page 85/86

Subject: it's snowing
« <> »
mikeymk 1.04.18 - 09:42pm
Some may notice a drone noise when i stop pedalling - that's the regeneration i was talking about with eyesore before (the bike recharging the batteries with friction on slowdown).

The video is of me going up CMK hill from an underpass by Sainsbury's, to the highest part of Milton Keynes which is the viewpoint in Campbell Park.

Being Easter Sunday, i was expecting a clear path, but found many pedestrians along my route. * +

sisfreak2017 1.04.18 - 10:20pm

@ mikeymk - 20.03.18 - 07:01pm
So with all these topics about snow, i went out early when the cycleways had a virgin layer of the stuff, to get some shopping, and without the brat on the back i could up the tempo a little.

The bike has five speeds. With the brat i was in speed one (250w). This time i was in speed three (about 900w). Speed five is 1,900w and i can't even use that in the wet, but this was swift for snow - especially as i was being blasted in the face by a strong head wind, with no glasses, and couldn't see fk-all...

[link]Mikey in snow:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwuuOqsFSTQ[/link]

Haddnt seen that one !!!

fu*k me you crazy c*nt! Slow down in snow you'll come a cropper Definitely !

Had me cringing a little watching that ive come off few times in snow on an unpowered bike
hope youve got a noddy hat on aswell nana.gif * +

sisfreak2017 1.04.18 - 10:33pm

@ mikeymk - 1.04.18 - 08:48pm
I was out on it today, so here's a video of me climbing our city centre (CMK is on a steep hill)

[link]Mikey CMK run:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4nYy1qRyk[/link]

good.gif how fast was it you sounded either afraid or excitedgood.gif.

Did you wake Ogdens @2mins in lol.gif ,
And what were all those different sized vertical pillars just after you stopped to let the child pass?? * +

mikeymk 1.04.18 - 10:40pm
20-40mph typical.

The pillars after 2-mins was the side of CMK shopping centre building. The ones after i stopped for the brats was the MK Rose - a time-themed ground-pattern monument with pillars for historical events..

The noises from myself was elbow-grease based - it's not easy to man-handle a 90 lb bike like that... * +

sisfreak2017 1.04.18 - 10:48pm
nah that was oggys gaf @2mins in under the bridge lol.gif

.nod.gif yes thats the one i meant them kinda ornamenta looking pillars right near end 3.45 a memorial or something you rode straight through it lol.gif like you did those small fountains earlier in. * +

crail 1.04.18 - 11:01pm
I can appreciate the fun of that ride lol but Mikey, you're a di ck riding like that. Hope you don't meet yourself coming the other way. Or even hurt a child. Maybe you could see what me and the missus couldn't, but it looked like you were taking crazy risks * +

mikeymk 1.04.18 - 11:22pm
Yeah, it was a video. It's not a regular ride. I'm well used to the bike, but you can never get used to how unpredictable people are. Thankfully today i had no real challenges. But just like a fast car on city streets, with power comes responsibility. And frustration. On my cycleway commute i'm limited to mode-1 but even then, not all dogs are on a lead and people are clueless. It takes care. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-86
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index