! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Universal Credit. - Page 1/39

Subject: Universal Credit.
Replies: 272 Views: 4315
> »
ogdenz 8.11.17 - 08:05pm
The rollout of Universal Credit seems to be a disaster for many people. Set to affect 7 million people this conglomerate of six benefits rolled into one is set to hit many working people. * +

ogdenz 8.11.17 - 08:06pm
It seems if you are working and earning less than the minimum wage for 35 hours work then under UC you will need to attend the jobcentre and be trained on how to look for more work. * +

mikeymk 8.11.17 - 08:08pm
How about being trained on how to convince your boss to stop breaking the law? * +

ogdenz 8.11.17 - 08:09pm
Now imagine you are working 34 hours and the Job centre want you in at say 2pm Monday.. but you are working! Don't turn up and you will be sanctioned. Do you think the boss will let you go the Job centre for a couple of hours a week..or maybe every two weeks? * +

ogdenz 8.11.17 - 08:10pm
Maybe i'm misreading what the article I read this in is saying? I'll post a link. * +

mikeymk 8.11.17 - 08:12pm
Probably, if you're reading it with an agenda. * +

ogdenz 8.11.17 - 08:15pm
No agenda here Mikey. * +

ogdenz 8.11.17 - 08:17pm
So I can't find the link. However what do you feel about folk who work 34 hours a week and receive one of the six benefits having to attend a Jobcentre to look for more work? Don't attend and you get sanctioned. Fair enough? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-39
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search