! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

here bunny bunny.. - Page 1/10

Subject: here bunny bunny..
Replies: 68 Views: 979
> »
ladibud 19.09.17 - 09:48am
Two thousand rabbits from the Benoni Bunny Park will be donated to the Johannesburg Zoo to feed the carnivores.

Johannesburg City Parks has given the assurance that the animals will be euthanised in the most humane manner possible.

Spokesperson Jenny Moodley says the park has exceeded its carrying capacity.

Rabbits do multiply quite rapidly and can destroy vast amounts of stretches of grassland and we know that due to inbreeding. Weve assisted the Bunny Park in relocating these animals which will help in terms of providing food source for the carnivores.

The park has also taken on a sterilisation process by finding homes for almost 1,900 rabbits. * +

ladibud 19.09.17 - 09:49am
your thoughts on this.. many ppl are up in arms abt this * +

3mel 19.09.17 - 10:03am
I see both sides. since humans are making it happen rather than nature it's taken differently, but is it ?

a bunny park is not the place you expect to be making it happen though. * +

iilmadme 19.09.17 - 10:06am
maybe they would have rehomed them all if they could and these are the ones that were going to be euthanised either way.it's not a nice thought.beyond that i dont suppose it matters what happens to their bodies.but i'd be disturbed if this meant that they were now going to become a supplier of this * +

psnality 19.09.17 - 10:09am
* +

sparky04 19.09.17 - 10:18am

@ ladibud - 19.09.17 - 09:49am
your thoughts on this.. many ppl are up in arms abt this

It may offend some people but I agree with it. Rabbits maybe cute, but they also do a lot of damage to farmers crops. But with that said I do not believe in cruelty either. If they are culled humanely then I cant see the problem. * +

3mel 19.09.17 - 10:23am

@ iilmadme - 19.09.17 - 10:06am
maybe they would have rehomed them all if they could and these are the ones that were going to be euthanised either way.it's not a nice thought.beyond that i dont suppose it matters what happens to their bodies.but i'd be disturbed if this meant that they were now going to become a supplier of this

if they'd of taken out an advert or had a spot on a radio show saying we're gonna need to do this because will simply can't find homes for all of them, they just might of had a public response that gave them another option. * +

iilmadme 19.09.17 - 10:29am

@ 3mel - 19.09.17 - 10:23am
if they'd of taken out an advert or had a spot on a radio show saying we're gonna need to do this because will simply can't find homes for all of them, they just might of had a public response that gave them another option.

yeah,that kind of thing has been known to happen * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-10
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index