! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Artificial intelligence - Page 1/14

Subject: Artificial intelligence
Replies: 93 Views: 2950
> »
alvar89 11.09.17 - 05:03am
Seeing that it is in the works what do you think? Will ppl be able to control it when it skyrockets past our intelligence in matter of days etc? Will it end up being leaps forward in science helping us with diseases and overall technology? Will it be used as some super weapon to kill us or it will decide (like skynet) to wipe us out? Or it will just see how dumb we are and shuts itself down? lol.gif * +

3mel 11.09.17 - 05:12am
I just can't buy the concept of true artificial intelligence. pale imitations like Alexa and Siri are terrible in the very narrow field of requirement, how's a computer going to even have a concept of itself and an identity required for it to be a truly self contained entity ?
smart machines yeah, intelligence never. * +

alvar89 11.09.17 - 05:24am
Yeah those things have human errors all over them but a truly self aware code that can alter itself would be something else. Imagine how fast it could figure things out. Also when it edits and fixes its own code its unstoppable in the future when it can put it's information to wherever it can cracking all barriers we have now for digital information. * +

mikeymk 11.09.17 - 06:07am
AI has no desire but for what it's programmed to do. * +

wickedwitch 11.09.17 - 06:14am
Godnaz. * +

shadow27 11.09.17 - 06:14am
Given that we are on the verge of a new era in computing power, who knows what is possible? Maybe it already exists in infant form. You would think the smartest ones would be the ones developed for warfare etc. For an AI to be 'human-like' though, I think you'd need to infuse a bit of randomness into it. * +

shadow27 11.09.17 - 06:19am
We've all heard about the weird lego-worm experiment, an area that really blurs the lines.. if you can scan the functions of a brain and make a simulacrum of it, could you take that as a framework for something new and improve on it? * +

mikeymk 11.09.17 - 06:22am
It's all in the funding and research. Where is the money being spent, what on, and where is AI most valuable. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-14
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search