! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Programmers blindness - Page 1/8

Subject: Programmers blindness
Replies: 53 Views: 732
> »
usbcable 26.03.17 - 11:10pm
Soo... I spent the last 3 days trying to figure out why my dashboard app that I made for my course stopped working... I followed the lessons and the app ran correctly. So I played around to see what the app does and it's really quite awesome. It takes a huge database and displays it with graphs and charts and has pop up tooltips... After this I created a virtual enviroment... Then the debug*er kept giving me a long list of errors related to missing libraries... I was like wtf * +

dan27notts 26.03.17 - 11:11pm
Riveting stuff * +

dan27notts 26.03.17 - 11:15pm
Is this the kind of thing you talk about to your girlfriend? * +

usbcable 26.03.17 - 11:16pm
Why is this happening ? Crying... Anyhoo after deleting everything and starting over again then reinstalling the libraries the app wouldn't run again. By this point I was like aaaaaaaaaarrrrgh!!! I've pulled all my hair out in frustration.. So I deleted it all again and started from the beginning and it happened again! By this point I was ready to throw the computer out the window. So I decided to look at the code more closely and then I found an extra letter in a call to a function that ... * +

caaaake 26.03.17 - 11:17pm
Wow you're so cool, can i be you?! * +

usbcable 26.03.17 - 11:19pm
Somehow got misspelt... Fk me I was so fking annoyed that something so small had set me back three days... I guess I'm going blind when I look at screens full of code ! Crying * +

usbcable 26.03.17 - 11:20pm

@ dan27notts - 26.03.17 - 11:15pm
Is this the kind of thing you talk about to your girlfriend?

No she hates technology and I can see why sometimes. * +

kym73 26.03.17 - 11:21pm
You maybe put a ; in the wrong place, or missed a / out . It will be something stupid. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search