! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

whatsapp refuse to help police - Page 1/18

Subject: whatsapp refuse to help police
Replies: 124 Views: 2759
> »
eyesore 26.03.17 - 07:59pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/26/home-secretary-amber-rudd-whatsapp-gives-terrorists-place-hide/....I've read this and I'm not actually sure if whatsapp have been asked for info and refused or just not come forward to help ...anyway there end to end encryption is causing security services problems soooooo what do you think whatsapp should do and should encryption be allowed if it helps terrorism * +

terrydactyl 26.03.17 - 08:05pm
Maybe they haven't really refused,maybe the authorities want what app users to think they are safe. * +

dan27notts 26.03.17 - 08:41pm
Similar thing happened in brazil, whatsapp refused to hand over info and chats of its users to the police. Which makes it ideal for drug dealing * +

eyesore 26.03.17 - 08:50pm
yeah seen that ....they've tried to/ or have blocked whatsapp three times there ..I can understand why say commercially it might be necessary..but on a personal level I don't really see a need for it * +

silverjx 26.03.17 - 08:52pm
Blackberry did the same in the London riots didn't they? * +

eyesore 26.03.17 - 08:53pm
I don't know .....I know there was a furore when Apple refused to give the FBI some man's pw * +

tazdevil 26.03.17 - 09:00pm
Does it need SO much encryption? I think they should help the police and release information based on suspicion if terrorist activities are going on. People can still stay private, but not allow terrorist actions. But then again, there will always be a way for terrorists who want to communicate securely. If not WhatsApp, then they'll find some other way. The news is making WhatsApp look like they are protecting terrorists, when they are also protecting all of us. I get both sides. I really don't know how I feel about this. I'm in the middle lol * +

terrydactyl 26.03.17 - 09:12pm
Carrier pigeon. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-18
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum