! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Asian Priests - Page 1/11

Subject: Asian Priests
Replies: 73 Views: 1739
> »
4juice 13.03.17 - 03:05pm
Still touching up small childrens like their vatican counterparts. * +

4juice 13.03.17 - 03:11pm
Churches, should be like any other community places where it is safe for the public both young and old. Beside the horror stories of children being forcefully dunk in 'holy water' as a form of 'baptize', sexual abuse between the priest and the vulnerable still occurs today, sadly. What can be done to keep our churches safe again for everyone? * +

3mel 13.03.17 - 03:12pm
I've heard (and previously mentioned) that in Ireland when someone was found to be questionable towards children they were often given the option of being shipped off to join the priesthood, where it was believed they could do no more harm.

did this happen in other countries too ? it seems an odd career path to choose unless most of them started out trying to fight their urges and chose self exile. * +

4juice 13.03.17 - 03:14pm
Sexual abuse by nuns is just as prevalent as priests. Sexual abuse by nuns has gone largely unaddressed and unreported in part because of cultural biases about gender roles and sex. It seems to receive less publicity and scrutiny than abuse committed by priests www.scholarship.law.wm.edu * +

3mel 13.03.17 - 03:23pm
I've not heard about any sexual abuse committed by nuns, physical abuse definitely but not sexual.
I can't imagine it being just as widespread when men commit far more sexual abuse than women. * +

4juice 13.03.17 - 03:35pm
Read the link i posted. Just because you dont see it in papers doesnt mean it didnt exists. We men dont feel as grandeur as some,coming up years later claiming sexual abuse by NUNS many years ago, its embarrasaing and it felt like we are only seeking monetary compensation. * +

3mel 13.03.17 - 03:40pm
I did try your link and it doesn't lead to anything for me. * +

4juice 13.03.17 - 03:51pm
Try this. Its a long read and in online pdf format https://goo.gl/ktI2iC * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page