! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

EU referendum vote - Page 978/1024

Subject: EU referendum vote
« <> »
silverjx 17.05.17 - 12:44pm

@ newt182 - 17.05.17 - 11:51am
That's why I said working towards. The USA didn't happen overnight, it took hundreds of years, but it works and is made up of immigrants from all over the world, with different cultures and religions.

I think the problem with the right is they have no vision, don't care about the future and future generations, and are only looking at the things around them right here and now.

No the USA was primary the USA on creation of it's political spear and was one language . The UK predates many modern European countries as well and we are talking by hundreds of years * +

eyesore 17.05.17 - 04:10pm

@ silverjx - 16.05.17 - 09:52am
No America is no way like the eu...the usa is still a singular country with states that share a single language , whole economy and shared heritage. The eu is a power bloc with different languages, different leanings, distaste for neighbours and forced integration for benefits for the few and not the many. Youth unemployment is around 40 percent in a lot of countries in the eu. It's going to bottleneck when people get pension age and leave a skills void

The united state has a federal system ...I.e economicly and politically united ....the EU project long term goal is federalism.... Newt has a fair point * +

silverjx 17.05.17 - 04:48pm

@ eyesore - 17.05.17 - 04:10pm
The united state has a federal system ...I.e economicly and politically united ....the EU project long term goal is federalism.... Newt has a fair point

Yes but the point is the USA wasn't 27 long standing separate countries beforehand. All countries pre existing and different cultures and languages. The indigenous population quite large and diverse with own government already in place set to individual countries cultures. What he is suggesting is cultural genocide and making one province supreme capital ie Germany. Immigrants flocked to an unorganised country in the USA . * +

eyesore 17.05.17 - 05:00pm
I think he was referring to the American federal system and the fact that the EU has publicly stated its ultimate goal is federalism ....IMO that's a legit comparison ....whether federalism would work in Europe is a separate debate in it's self ....but the EU is defo looking to go in that direction * +

silverjx 17.05.17 - 05:03pm

@ eyesore - 17.05.17 - 05:00pm
I think he was referring to the American federal system and the fact that the EU has publicly stated its ultimate goal is federalism ....IMO that's a legit comparison ....whether federalism would work in Europe is a separate debate in it's self ....but the EU is defo looking to go in that direction

He's saying it to justify a remain and a useu which most people don't want but it's been forced on people * +

dan27notts 17.05.17 - 05:08pm

@ piggle - 17.05.17 - 12:22pm
Is that what you'd actually like to see happen? A great big massive unilateral monopoly?

Forgive him for he doth not know what he speaks * +

eyesore 17.05.17 - 05:10pm
It's not being forced on anyone lol when countries like France vote in a pro EU president they're voting for all the EU entails like the Netherlands did and Germany will ....the UK voted out, which ironically could speed up the federal process ....so who exactly is being forced ? * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-1024
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index