! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

LED Light Bulbs - Page 1/5

Subject: LED Light Bulbs
Replies: 35 Views: 1615
> »
garion 29.10.15 - 05:15pm
Just thought I'd make this topic as I can't find anything about them in the forum, and people might be wondering whether to switch (if you'll excuse the pun) grin.gif

I've just replaced the energy-saving (fluorescent) bulbs in my main room with these, and I'm very impressed - the light they give out is very much the same as a normal (incandescent) bulb, unlike the slightly yellowish light from some ES fluorescent bulbs, and perhaps more importantly, they come on straight away - the Energy Saving bulbs I was using before used to take 2 to 3 minutes to achieve full brightness, meaning you'd come home, flick the lights on, and it'd be a bit dim and gloomy for a while.

They also don't seem to generate hardly any heat at all - the fluorescent bulbs would get quite warm after a while, and as you know, incandescents would take your fingers off unless you let 'em cool down for ages. They also use less energy than the Energy Saving fluorescents and apparently last up to 5 times longer (about 50,000 hours, equivalent to 12 years of normal use).

Initially people were unwilling to change over because of the huge cost - they were about 25 quid each when they first came out, but I've replaced 5 bulbs for 20 quid (from Amazon) and if they're gonna last 12 years.. well, sorted really. So if you're thinking about changing I'd currently say go for it, but perhaps some of you have had bad experiences with them or whatever? As I said, I've only just installed mine. * +

sourface 29.10.15 - 05:17pm
Hello.gif Garion....For some reason i only use my bathroom light dark nights are in and always sit in the dark hope that helps lol * +

eyesore 29.10.15 - 05:17pm
from mattresses to bulbs hyper * +

sourface 29.10.15 - 05:19pm
Its fantasticdreamy.gif * +

bambi99 29.10.15 - 05:19pm
Currently lol ...another pun grin.gif , I was under the impression the were expensive so at @4quid each for 12 yrs I'd be well tempted ... * +

bambi99 29.10.15 - 05:20pm

@ eyesore - 29.10.15 - 05:17pm
from mattresses to bulbs hyper

Light sleeper dunno.gif * +

eyesore 29.10.15 - 05:20pm

@ sourface - 29.10.15 - 05:19pm
Its fantasticdreamy

Truly awsome daydream * +

eyesore 29.10.15 - 05:21pm
awesome * +

> »

Quick reply: