! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

RIP BOB COLE - Page 1/3

Subject: RIP BOB COLE
Replies: 20 Views: 1042
> »
didoplum 14.08.15 - 07:29pm
Cancer hit Bob on last journey to end his life at dignitas in Switzerland one final wish he had to get the law changed i like many other people,hope he succeeds * +

manchesr 14.08.15 - 07:31pm
Sad.gif R.I.P * +

moplady 14.08.15 - 07:32pm
Awww bless him, evil cancer is taking so meny life's. RIP Bob flicker.gif * +

ladibud 14.08.15 - 07:32pm
the law for what? to have the freedom to choose to die? sorry, don't kno who he is or the story behind it. * +

moplady 14.08.15 - 07:37pm
A man with terminal cancer who travelled to Switzerland to end his life has died.Assisted suicide campaigner Bob Cole, 68, a former town councillor in north Wales, travelled to Dignitas on Wednesday from his home in Chester.His wife, Ann Hall, died at the same centre in Zurich last year.Campaign group Dignity in Dying confirmed Mr Cole died on Friday afternoon.The Sun newspaper said Mr Coles' last wish before he died was for the law on assisted dying in the UK to be changed.He had called on MPs to support the Assisted Dying Bill that is due for debate in the House of Commons in September. * +

ladibud 14.08.15 - 07:41pm
we had a similar case, guy went to court, won, but he died just before the verdict came in his favour... personally, i don't want to see it legalised, but i do think that ppl should have the right to end their sufferin. * +

moplady 14.08.15 - 07:41pm
Under current UK law, a person encouraging or assisting a suicide or suicide attempt could face up to 14 years in prison, if a decision was taken to prosecute.Mr Cole, who had been a councillor in Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd, was diagnosed in June with mesothelioma, a lung cancer caused by asbestos.He told the Sun that he had been left doubled up in pain and had no wish to die in pain without any dignity after doctors told him he only had months to live.His wife died at the same centre in February 2014 after suffering from the degenerative brain condition, supranuclear palsy.Mr Cole, originally from Manchester, became a vocal campaigner for changes to assisted dying laws - making regular trips to London to demonstrate over the issue. * +

didoplum 14.08.15 - 07:42pm
Thank you mops * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum