! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Space Watch - Page 1/632

Subject: Space Watch
Replies: 4418 Views: 176820
> »
obi_jon 7.09.11 - 08:20am
**official astrophysics thread**
A large supernova is currently visible in the night sky. The closest to earth that astrophysicists have observed in 50yrs at a mere 21million light years away. Situated near Ursa Major 'the Great Bear' aka 'the Plough' or 'the Big Dipper' or as many people know it 'the Saucepan', it can be found by following the natural line of the handle to the second star and extending that line outwards approx x2... * +

obi_jon 7.09.11 - 08:27am
the supernova page from the HSC other good links for space sites: Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics / NASA kepler: home page / NASA Astronomy picture of the day archive / NASA Hubblesite * +

rose01 7.09.11 - 08:32am
'This Hubble Space Telescope image of SN 1987A shows a fished-shaped central blob of supernova debris that has begun to brighten. This brightening, due to illumination by X-rays from the surrounding ring of pre-supernova material, marks the shift from a supernova to supernova remnant. The closest supernova explosion seen in almost 400 years, SN 1987A is located in the Large Magellanic Cloud.' * +

obi_jon 7.09.11 - 08:32am
Should appear as a distinct white patch in the sky and be visible for the next 10 days or so. It appears to be affecting my signal too. meteor I want a nightly tv show with Kate Humble, Dr Brian c0x and Sir Patrick Moore, * +

shadow27 7.09.11 - 08:32am
good * +

obi_jon 7.09.11 - 08:34am
Brian May could do the theme tune. guitar * +

obi_jon 7.09.11 - 09:00am
more good links for space sites: Space.com * +

phallica 7.09.11 - 09:20am
It'd take four billion, seven hundred and twenty five million years to walk to that star. * +

> »

This topic is locked!

+ go to page 1-632
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 General Chat Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search