! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Brand new Lumia 950 XL - Page 1/2

Subject: Brand new Lumia 950 XL
Replies: 12 Views: 5588
> »
banbury 26.03.21 - 04:29am
Had a surprise find online the other day in the UK. A Brand new 950 XL for 90 english pounds sterling in the box sealed. I felt I couldnt pass the opportunity down! It had came from another country with a 2 pin charger in the box. done all the available updates and iam chuffed to have found a new one. I also got it confirmed from Microsoft that it was indeed new old and unopened stock. * +

3mel 26.03.21 - 03:28pm
what's the battery condition like after however many years sitting unused ? * +

banbury 26.03.21 - 03:51pm
That was my immediate concern! I discussed that with them and they just said it's under their guarantee so if it's no good they will source me a new battery. So far it seems ok. but maybe these were still being manufactured for other countries a while after they were discontinued in the Uk I have no idea. this one certainly isn't from the Uk anyway. * +

banbury 26.03.21 - 05:41pm
But you wouldnt want a new genuine battery incase that has also been sat around doing diddly squat for god knows how long lol thats the problem * +

3mel 26.03.21 - 09:38pm
yup, all accessories are made while the phone is still selling and fairly new.

I got myself a ''new'' battery for my One M8 and it was worse than the one I'd had taken out. if a phone needs help while out and about I'll use a powerbank over an old new battery. * +

sisfreak2017 27.03.21 - 09:58am
I took the motherboard out of my 950 and sold it separately after I smashed the glass. Someone snapped it up quickly.

The 950 is very easy to disassemble with lovely screws and only a couple of ribbon connectors to disengage.

I'll use its battery in one of my outside 'China' solar floodlights as they are often supplied with crappy ex laptop batteries. * +

sisfreak2017 27.03.21 - 10:10am
Just wondering how long the Microsoft Store is going to support windows phones ?

You can pickup Microsoft Band-2's for 5 quid sealed on fleabay., but they've discontinued the app which you activate the band and set it up, etc. However, there's supposed to be a way around it by using some 'unlocker' app in your computer. I don't fancy any viruses in my.computers, so I'll pass.

No Microsoft warranty with those as they refunded lots of peoples purchases when they discontinued the devices. * +

banbury 28.03.21 - 05:28pm
According to that tech magazine I saw the other day the app store for Windows phone 8.1 and older has stopped. when I tried it on my Lumia 1020 two days ago it just wasn't loading the app lists and kept reporting an error although there was no notification stating the store was no longer available. not sure what the timescale is on windows 10 for phones though I have heard no word on that yet. It maybe a while considering the last firmware updates were only last year who knows. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Windows Phone Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search