! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

new developers updates 8.1is available - Page 1/1

Subject: new developers updates 8.1is available
Replies: 7 Views: 4624

3xotic 29.04.14 - 08:48am
1.Go to http://apps.windowsstore.com/default.htm 2.click on start building and create an appstudio developers account 3.Allow your information to be access by App studio AND CLOSE EVERYTHINGUSE INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY. 4.Download and install http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/store/app/preview-for-developers/178ac8a1-6519-4a0b-960c-038393741e96Or INSTALL LUMIA SYSTEM UPDATERAccept all terms and conditionsGo to phone updateUpdate your phone it will take time so dont panic it has several steps * +

phemzask 29.04.14 - 02:47pm
You talking to ghosts here... 8.1 is cool, been running the preview for 2-3weeks, it's completely revamped can't wait to see the minor issues fixed by final 8.1 update...by the way, 8.1 preview will update twice, first update will seem like nothing happened but then you have to run the update again...the first update is quick but second one is slow find a hobby whilst you updating. * +

3xotic 30.04.14 - 04:38am
yes.gifyeah 1 st update is just 10 mb. Its updating fast but 2nd update is 380 mb. It take a long time for download and update. * +

knormoer 22.05.14 - 07:43pm
Silly question... This I do from phone itself ? I'm used to Symbian. Seems like it, just want to make sure. * +

banbury 13.06.14 - 12:05am
they are already discussing windows phone 9, then when its launched windows phone 8 devices may not support it. The same thing happened with windows phone 7 devices when wp8 was introduced, Ive got no time for a company who leaves its customers in the dark. At least you get the updates with android and ios * +

banbury 13.06.14 - 12:25am
after all if your wp device develops a fault whist its still under guarantee, if you brick it with unofficial firmware you may end up with a phone about as useful as a those retro bricks from the 1980s lol * +

phemzask 13.06.14 - 07:02pm
No ...even with android it happens... But wp8 is a complete overhaul over wp7 ...so i think wp9 might be supported by later models that will be running the final version of wp9, and I've heard of wp8.5 so maybe 9 might still be in the distant future.Anyway wp8.1 preview update 3 is out for those running wp8.1 changelog states it won't change anything just the APIs and bugs fixes. * +

polo_011 15.06.14 - 06:18pm

@ banbury - 13.06.14 - 12:05am
they are already discussing windows phone 9, then when its launched windows phone 8 devices may not support it. The same thing happened with windows phone 7 devices when wp8 was introduced, Ive got no time for a company who leaves its customers in the dark. At least you get the updates with android and ios

If I'm not mistaken, Microsoft promised to keep support for WP8 for the next 3years, they kept support for WP7 for quite a while, even though WP7 Phones didn't go to WP8, they got 7.1 and got continued support in terms of bug fixes, new features here and there and optimizations. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Windows Phone Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search