! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

PROG ROCK HEAVEN - Page 5418/5487

Subject: PROG ROCK HEAVEN
« <> »
playfan 10.03.11 - 05:22am
@alessiax hmmm Islands is an interesting Crimson album,the least well received from their early line up yet it has some magical moments...I know gabriel9 is a big fan of Italian prog rock (he has sent me brilliant albums by Banco before) so it will be nice to hear your perspective on these bands...i recently got a few songs of PFM,great stuff,need to get more * +

playfan 10.03.11 - 05:25am
Plus many of the early Genesis albums (my favourite band of the classic prog rock era) were much better received in Italy than in their own country of England,clearly the Italian fans knew good music! * +

playfan 10.03.11 - 05:28am
Nice to have a little resurgence of this topic-always great reading and discussing good music...With this in mind,Ive been meaning to put some reviews up of material Ive been enjoying lately-will be getting on it soon! * +

alessiax 10.03.11 - 01:40pm
genesis are my favoureite band too. I listen to them till I was a baby. I know Genesis were appreciated in Italy especially in Nursery Crime times. PFM s musical history is very intersing. I like PFM music also with Fabrizio de Andr, in my opinion the best italian songwriter of all the times. I think italian progr music had great musicians. But they soon had to adapt to market needs. * +

cuddlyx 15.03.11 - 12:55pm
reading * +

anduan 15.03.11 - 11:38pm
read * +

playfan 16.03.11 - 05:15pm
So folks,the new Yes album,called Fly From Here,is out in July,produced by Trevor Horn who was involved with the band circa Drama era...Squire has also stated that the album will include a lengthy piece similar to early 70s material like Close to the Edge...Hmmm sounds very interesting...Only thing is,no Jon Anderson... * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5487
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum
9 Forum Index