! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

PROG ROCK HEAVEN - Page 5415/5487

Subject: PROG ROCK HEAVEN
« <> »
gabriel9 7.03.11 - 05:28pm
The Big Red Spark, * +

gabriel9 7.03.11 - 05:29pm
aahhhhh it deleted half my mesaage * +

gabriel9 7.03.11 - 05:31pm
start again . since we were talking of the great jem godfrey , you could do worse than to check out his brothers band , tinyfish and their weird prog metal concept album, the big red spark. thought spoken word passages in rock were a think of the past? well so did i, until i bought this great release ! * +

playfan 7.03.11 - 07:05pm
Hey Aaron,yeah I heard of The Pineapple Thief from (of course) Mike Portnoy's website - it was his second favourite album of 2010,would like to check them out...Haven't heard of Tinyfish though...Talented family the Godfrey's! * +

playfan 7.03.11 - 07:07pm
Oh,and I gave a track or two of theirs to Anduan but @Aaron I'd highly recommend you checking out Haken - fantastic London based progressive rock/metal band whose debut album sits right up with the best prog debut albums... * +

playfan 7.03.11 - 07:08pm
I must say, I'm highly anticipating the Beardfish release...As has been said,this band is constantly pushing the boundaries and changing things up between each release...While not all the albums are as strong as the others,they each have a very ambitious vision and I'm sure Mammoth will be no exception * +

gabriel9 7.03.11 - 10:08pm
I'll send you a copy of the pineapple thiefs latest album, I think its a very strong release_ if you find the 'someone here is missing ' album montage on youtube, its a 2 min sample of 3 or 4 tracks but enough to give an idea. some of the tracks are 7 or 8 mins, but its not a choppy technical kinda sound, they just tend to build. but yeah I have really fallen behind with work pressures and * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5487
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum
9 Forum Index