! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

PROG ROCK HEAVEN - Page 5414/5487

Subject: PROG ROCK HEAVEN
« <> »
playfan 6.03.11 - 06:06am
Fantastic news!Thanks for sharing...I loved the previews Ive heard for this album so cannot wait to hear the whole thing-will definately be buying a special edition for this...Good to hear praise from Mike Portnoy as always about them,he has given them very good exposure in the US which is very deserved * +

gabriel9 7.03.11 - 05:12pm
hi folks ...well ,very sad to hear that Jem is disbanding Frost* ,but i doubt this it it for the band -its his project and the lineup has changed a few times whilst still soundibg very much 'frost*' , like you were saying before about great melodies in prog , spocks beard etc - no matter how diverse the song may be it still needs a foundation ,and a strong melody neednt just be the job of the pop * +

gabriel9 7.03.11 - 05:15pm
..... producer. I love when progressive artists have not just an eye for an odd quirky signature, but an eye for sonics too , the production, the atmosphere.Wilson does that to perfection, and i think in a different way Jem Godfrey's recorded work sounds gorgeous, uniquely so. * +

gabriel9 7.03.11 - 05:18pm
so anyway, great to hear about new beardfish and i echo the excited comments , one band that just never stops pushing themselves...no two beardfish albums sound anywhere near the same. yeah theres the same influences , zappa always pops up somewhere and you can name a half dozen others.. whilst destined was something of a step into the blurred line between prog rock and the abstract , i really * +

gabriel9 7.03.11 - 05:20pm
....admire Sjoblom for it . The Sane Day is far easier to listen to as a classic prog record, but whilst theyre probably going to hit and miss with some tracks, theyre always going to thrill and captivate, the spirit of prog if ever it had a three word definition * +

gabriel9 7.03.11 - 05:24pm
so ive been listening to an 'art rock' band called The Pineapple Thief ' and their latest album 'Someone Here Is Missing' , to me its parts radiohead, parts Pt, just clever, nuanced songs with a wistful , gentle vocal cut through by odd sounds and buzz saw guitars ..i believe it was in the top 3 prog magazine albums of last year, but i havent bought the mag in a fair while . anyway ,post -rock * +

gabriel9 7.03.11 - 05:26pm
ans prog have the same subversive , left of centre approach whether theres a ton of mellotrons or not ..and i highly recommend them to anyone who likes prog , a fine band . * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5487
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum
9 Forum Index