! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

What u listenin' 2? - Page 5302/5931

Subject: What u listenin' 2?
« <> »
garion 1.11.14 - 11:04pm
* +

penfield 2.11.14 - 04:05pm
The Glimmer Room - Grey Mirrors. * +

warded 2.11.14 - 08:09pm
seven oops - lovers * +

sami50 3.11.14 - 06:10pm

@ garion - 31.10.14 - 11:30pm
Quite likely - it's one of those tracks that's described as 'seminal', which sounds unpleasantly moist and sticky, so let's say 'influential'; there are hundreds of artists who have tried to replicate the infectious languor of the track with varying degrees of success not to mention the hundreds of remixes of the orignal.IMO Digitonal (whilst not channeling the original) comes up with a much gentler starlit beach kinda vibe on '93 Years On'

Raunchy garion hahaha gigglez.gifYeah it's quite similar and i've probably heard it off some movie soundtrack, tho for the life of me i can't remember nono.gif * +

garion 3.11.14 - 06:48pm
From Wikipedia:
The song charted for 9 weeks in the United Kingdom peaking at 10 on the UK Singles Chart.

'There's about 42 different versions of 'Pacific State',' quipped Graham Massey, 'and ['Pacific 707'] is the single version we put out on ZTT. It was the last track at The Haienda for the six months before it even got out. Then Gary Davies heard it in Ibiza and started playing it on daytime Radio 1. A few features made it stand out: the birdsong and the saxophone. I played the sax part which is good because I didn't really play saxophone at the time. It's a moot point whether I can play that part properly now.' * +

garion 3.11.14 - 06:56pm

Famous for many reasons, not least for the introduction of the word 'wof' to an unsuspecting British public grin.gif
(I've done this one to show up on a black background, so if you've got Pro with white pages, my apologies.) * +

sami50 3.11.14 - 08:15pm

@ garion - 3.11.14 - 06:48pm
From Wikipedia:
The song charted for 9 weeks in the United Kingdom peaking at 10 on the UK Singles Chart.

'There's about 42 different versions of 'Pacific State',' quipped Graham Massey, 'and ['Pacific 707'] is the single version we put out on ZTT. It was the last track at The Haienda for the six months before it even got out. Then Gary Davies heard it in Ibiza and started playing it on daytime Radio 1. A few features made it stand out: the birdsong and the saxophone. I played the sax part which is good because I didn't really play saxophone at the time. It's a moot point whether I can play that part properly now.'

Gary Davies!! Now that's a blast from the past (moonlanding) * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5931
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum