! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Hip Hop - Page 2/4

Subject: Hip Hop
« <> »
rich.boi 26.07.09 - 07:50am
copypaste recognition: 0.8 seconds * +

axlisbak 26.07.09 - 10:49am
You failed to mention the croatian big band swing influence. I suspect you left it out because youve obviously have a 'beef' with croatians and/or big band swing. Racist and genreist oh_no * +

8letters 26.07.09 - 03:09pm
Well, I did get involved in a dispute with the horn section of the Brian Setzer Orchestra when I saw them live the Saturday before yesterday but the real reason I left it out is because overall the 70's and 80's were characterized by deep depression, making it fairly obvious that the that the further popularisation of the Hip Hop even as far away as in Croatia took its toll on the beatniks, * +

8letters 26.07.09 - 03:16pm
who were beginning to feel they were being robbed from their identity by the up and coming cool cats of swing. Confused and angered, a gang of beatniks went on to form a group known as The Trammps, the name presumably representing their image among the common population, maybe also trams that were a popular form of transportation in various cities. They eventually released the single Disco Inferno * +

8letters 26.07.09 - 03:17pm
wishing fiery death to the dominating disco phenomenon. Contra to the group's intention, the song became a smash hit, causing immense internal conflict in the members. They had been abandoned by the other beatniks, who felt that actually doing something about their problems was foreign to the beatnik lifestyle. Additionaly, the media portrayed the members as beatniks, * +

8letters 26.07.09 - 03:18pm
creating a false image of the beatnik. This further obscured the dying beatnik culture, when every disco nut and their mother identified with the false representation of beatniks and referred to themselves as such, fueling the death of true beatniksm. The dance lived on for a short period of time but like a great big national hangover, the grunge movement of the 90's eventually devoured what was * +

8letters 26.07.09 - 03:20pm
left of the Hip Hop. It is ironic that in recent times the false beatniksm known as emo has provoked the rebirth of true beatniksm among the new straight edge movement set to push aside emo to make way for the beatniks. We can only hope they succeed. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum
9 Forum Index