! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Throwing away all my mp3s - Page 1/12

Subject: Throwing away all my mp3s
Replies: 78 Views: 10538
> »
usbcable 20.09.15 - 01:00am
And replacing them with CD's and uncompressed digital audio * +

usbcable 20.09.15 - 01:11am
I've bought loads of cd's to replace all my mp3's as you know the audio quality of uncompressed audio is far superior. I also have many downloads of uncompressed 24 bit 192khz wav studio master files of mostly blues, jazz, folk and classical music which just sounds amazing even if it's not my taste it's still makes hairs stand up on the back of my neck. * +

usbcable 20.09.15 - 01:19am
I bought many of the older artists original cd's in shops selling second hand music at bargain prices. Also I went on amazon and bought loads of brand new cd's still sealed in there plastic wrapper. Some of these albums are going back to 1985 and are in perfect new condition except the booklet has turned a slightly tea stained colour. The cd's play perfectly tho. * +

cr4zy0n3 20.09.15 - 02:08pm
That's just r*tarded facepalm Why don't you download your songs in FLAC format? FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec. Grossly oversimplified, FLAC is similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. * +

garion 20.09.15 - 02:14pm
Good man @usbcable shake.gif * +

rav3n 21.09.15 - 08:08am
Go for it if you have space for the CDs. First I was thinking about doing the same but now when my library holds about 10 weeks of music I can't help it, 320kbs mp3 seems to be the best choice for me. I couldn't fit all the CDs in my place nor everything as FLAC on my pc. * +

d.boon 21.09.15 - 07:29pm
I only downloaded very hard to find 80's underground American Electro Hip Hop. Otherwise I prefer to buy CD's, I like the artwork and sleevenotes but the downside is storage. Also some CD's I got I aint played for ages are gathering dust and I end up giving them to charity shops. * +

garion 21.09.15 - 10:54pm
'I like the artwork and sleevenotes' nod.gif as Zappa said 'it's good to be able to fondle and fetish the packaging', although truly great album covers kinda disappeared with the advent of cd - there's so much more you can do with 12 inches rather than 5 (ooh, matron! etc.)
With the resurgence of vinyl we might start seeing some quality artwork again. I often wonder how many people bought Yes albums purely on the basis of those gorgeous Roger Dean covers. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-12
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search