! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

New Leftfield Album - Page 1/2

Subject: New Leftfield Album
Replies: 13 Views: 2702
> »
garion 2.06.15 - 06:42pm
'Alternative Light Source' due out June 8th, their first since 1999. Currently streaming 'Head and Shoulders' featuring Sleaford Mods, interesting - looking forward to getting the cd in my player next Monday hurry.gif * +

stratboy 2.06.15 - 07:17pm
sleaford mods are fking s**te * +

penfield 3.06.15 - 07:48pm
I heard about this being previewed and I couldn't find anything, so I'll have to wait until Monday. I've had it on pre-order for about a month now. Also looking forward to hearing it. * +

garion 3.06.15 - 09:48pm
@penfield - if you really can't wait till Monday, you can preview some tracks on their Spotify page [link]here:http://gu.com/p/49ddm[/link] (It's via the Guardian page as I can't find a direct link to the player at the moment) the Spotify player will take a few seconds to load. * +

penfield 4.06.15 - 03:42pm
Thanks Garion. smile.gif The player wouldn't appear when I tried that Guardian link.
However, having listened to the whole album, I am disappointed to say the least. Some of it I thought was awful, particularly the Head and Shoulders track - which to me was an inferior copy of what Underworld were doing 20-25 years ago. Thankfully, I successfully cancelled my Amazon pre-order. * +

garion 4.06.15 - 04:13pm

@ penfield - 4.06.15 - 03:42pm
Thanks Garion. smile.gif The player wouldn't appear when I tried that Guardian link.
However, having listened to the whole album, I am disappointed to say the least. Some of it I thought was awful, particularly the Head and Shoulders track - which to me was an inferior copy of what Underworld were doing 20-25 years ago. Thankfully, I successfully cancelled my Amazon pre-order.

I felt much the same, but realised that a) I was listening to an mp3 of it which are fit only for ringtones and b) I felt much the same way about Rhythm and Stealth on first listen.. * +

penfield 4.06.15 - 08:29pm

@ garion - 4.06.15 - 04:13pm
I felt much the same, but realised that a) I was listening to an mp3 of it which are fit only for ringtones and b) I felt much the same way about Rhythm and Stealth on first listen..

I've never heard Rhythm and Stealth. I remember seeing it compared to the Prodigy's output on more than one occasion and that put me off completely. At least I still have Leftism to enjoy. * +

garion 4.06.15 - 08:50pm
Yeah, Leftism's a one of a kind classic, it's a bit like hearing Dark Side of the Moon and then being a bit hacked off by Animals, but everyone should see the Chris Cunningham video for Afrika Shox from Rhythm and Stealth. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search