! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Depressive/atmospheric Metal - Page 1/5

Subject: Depressive/atmospheric Metal
Replies: 31 Views: 2128
> »
vampboy 21.06.13 - 10:11pm
Can someone recommend me black metal that focuses more on creating an atmosphere and makes it very depressive. I really enjoy Burzum's work, it's depressive and unlike bands like xasthur, there is also a very strong sense of anger and energy in Varg's vocals and also a strong atmosphere. So please hit me up with bands of that sort, I haven't really found bands like Burzum. No bands like Mayhem, Darkthrone or even Bathory, please, not in the mood for such bands right now. * +

vampboy 21.06.13 - 10:16pm
You could also hit me up other bands that are not black metal. I probably enjoy Burzum due to the combination of Ambient with Black Metal. * +

vampboy 21.06.13 - 10:16pm
cheers * +

maberry 21.06.13 - 11:07pm
i love depressive music myself. makes me wanna cry and i love the headache afterwards. just amazing stuff.good * +

maberry 21.06.13 - 11:13pm
but anyway here's a few songs i like : nightwish, sleeping sun, kiss while your lips are still red, angels fall first; silentium, heart unyelding, some from placebo, epica and within temptation. there's a song with tarja turunen, sharon den adel and the singer from evanescence. actually there's various versions of that song, smthn abt a mother and a child. simply great * +

vampboy 21.06.13 - 11:20pm
Hah, thank you for sharing, Mab hug But I was hoping for much more heavier and atmospheric bands than bands like Nightwish, Epica, and evanescence, but still thank you again for sharing. * +

dgsn 21.06.13 - 11:25pm
Godflesh. Public Hanging. Barathrum, Isis. Neurosis.. Eyehategod. Cult of Luna. Kharnate. Sun O))). Mystifyr. Bes,tial Warlust (Vengence War till Death album and take the comma away bes,stial is a censored word apparently). Bile (industrial but still pretty bleak). My Dying Bride. Theatres Des Vampires (early). Lacrimosa. Orphanage. Allogoch. Subtract. Graveland. Pelican. Pretty varied styles there and none eat sunshine and fart rainbows. * +

vampboy 21.06.13 - 11:26pm
I guess music works differently for everyone, for me there is a fine line between depressive music and just sad music, when I listen to a depressive black metal band, I don't feel like crying or experience any emotions. I feel simply calm, such as I'm in a elated state, and at that point I could even commit suicide and it would be an emotionless experience. I simply love how music can makes us feel, it's amazing. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search