! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Guitar - Page 1/2

Subject: Guitar
Replies: 9 Views: 2518
> »
uwais786 17.02.12 - 12:42pm
Hey guys. So I'm thinking of buying a guitar because I want to learn to play. Question: Is it hard to learn and are those books that teach you any good?(Normal Guitar) * +

bod7 17.02.12 - 01:25pm
Books are ok but no substitute for a teacher. oh and practise, practise and more practise! Don't expect to be shredding your fave tunes till you've learned some basics. * +

uwais786 17.02.12 - 01:34pm
Cool, thanks man. and would it be easier to learn the acoustic 1st and then move on to electric or what? * +

vmntx 17.02.12 - 06:59pm
I learnt from books a teacher and tabs of songs i like. And practice with a metronome. I learnt with an electric * +

uwais786 17.02.12 - 07:34pm
Thanks, you guys have been helpful. Any more suggestions or tips would be welcome:) * +

jonyjony 14.03.12 - 02:49am
if u can't afford classes do what they said above. But if you want to learn urself dont just try to play the songs u like right away. Like they said above: learn the basics! The hands and guitar positions. Do finger stretching exercises on the guitar. Learn scales - this is awesome for solos. this isn't weight lifting but ''no pain, no gain'' it WILL hurt :P * +

jonyjony 14.03.12 - 02:51am
dont ''cut classes''! Basics first! And one day you'll be another ''Jimmy'' ;) * +

entwine 14.03.12 - 11:09pm
I learnt from a teacher to start off with then just moved onto getting my own tabs and such. Think it all has to do with your dedication and patience. oh and of course lots of practise! Enjoy :) * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Music Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search