! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

iPHONE 6 - Page 3/5

Subject: iPHONE 6
« <> »
mandain 20.09.14 - 06:25am

@ banbury - 19.09.14 - 05:34am
width difference between the 5s and 6. You say the figures tell the story but they didnt with the iphone 5. The iphone 5 screen had exactly the same width as the 4s despite the fact the screen had jumped from 3.5 inches to 4. It was just taller. So how do you know for sure the 6's screen isnt the same width as the 5 or 5s? Now do you get me? Maybe I didnt explain myself very well.

Ok I got ya, but if they kept stretching the phone on the 6 without increasing width that would have changed the aspect ration of the screen which currently on the 5 is roughly 16:9, they before cause the 4s is more closer to 4:3 * +

mandain 20.09.14 - 06:28am

@ banbury - 19.09.14 - 05:34am
width difference between the 5s and 6. You say the figures tell the story but they didnt with the iphone 5. The iphone 5 screen had exactly the same width as the 4s despite the fact the screen had jumped from 3.5 inches to 4. It was just taller. So how do you know for sure the 6's screen isnt the same width as the 5 or 5s? Now do you get me? Maybe I didnt explain myself very well.

And figures do tell the story and it did so with the 4s and 5, as I'm sure if you go and check it out the width hasn't changed, so once again numbers don't lie * +

mandain 20.09.14 - 06:31am
Btw what' difference is a 64 bit phone going to do? * +

banbury 21.09.14 - 02:38am

@ mandain - 18.09.14 - 08:03am
It will obviously be wider otherwise it'll look a little silly

but the iphone 5 screen was no wider than the 4s despite the jump in screen size. So whos to say the 6 isnt the same width as the 5s but just taller? Anyway it seems the trend has changed where the 6 is concerned cos ive now established that it does have a wider screen. But going by what you said the iphone 5 must have looked silly. * +

banbury 21.09.14 - 02:40am
anyway my preference for 64 bit is cos I Believe that 64 devices are more future proof, but thats the only reason. * +

mandain 21.09.14 - 03:01am
I did explain stretching the 5 from the 4s gives it a 16:9 aspect ratio hence why it will look a bit silly to stretch it even more without increasing width, any way as for future proofing, unless you're going to use it for 3 years or more I don't see the need, most people are on 2 year contracts nothing is future proof it's almost disposable * +

banbury 25.09.14 - 04:12am
correct, but some technology has a longer lifespan. a 64 bit smartphone will still be usable long after a 32 bit device will be. Because eventually all mobile operating systems will be 64 bit only, and once that happens a samsung galaxy s5 or iphone 5 will be about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Therefore it makes sense to opt for the most advanced technology available at the time. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Apple iPhone Forum
9 Forum Index