! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

USB-C - Page 1/1

Subject: USB-C
Replies: 5 Views: 1031

warded 4.10.22 - 07:26pm
Becoming a standard in the EU. Meaning apple has to give up their proprietary connectors. * +

polo_011 5.10.22 - 07:04am
iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Mini and MacBooks all already have USB-C, Apple just need to shift to it on standard iPad and iPhone. Just in time for iPhone 15 and 3nm chips, should be a goodie grin.gif * +

3mel 12.12.22 - 09:21pm
I saw something on a Level1 video where they said Apple were planning on being di cks about it and using chips with a lower read write speed than you'd get on lightning. * +

polo_011 22.12.22 - 10:55am
Not possible, given the fact that Apple already have USB-C on iPads and on iPad Pro they have USB-C with Thunderbolt 4 support, knowing Apple they will want to keep feature parity to make it cheaper to buy in bulk from their supplier. Also with ProRes video becoming a bigger thing in iPhones with files sizes coming in at 6GB per minute of video footage, super fast USB is definitely needed going forward. Im betting the upcoming iPhone 15 Ultra or Pro Max will have USB-C with TB4 support just like the iPad Pros. * +

norega 22.01.23 - 08:45pm
Absolutely no reason a phone needs thunderbolt 4 it will just add a massive cost increase. * +

polo_011 20.10.23 - 04:10pm

@ polo_011 - 22.12.22 - 10:55am
Not possible, given the fact that Apple already have USB-C on iPads and on iPad Pro they have USB-C with Thunderbolt 4 support, knowing Apple they will want to keep feature parity to make it cheaper to buy in bulk from their supplier. Also with ProRes video becoming a bigger thing in iPhones with files sizes coming in at 6GB per minute of video footage, super fast USB is definitely needed going forward. Im betting the upcoming iPhone 15 Ultra or Pro Max will have USB-C with TB4 support just like the iPad Pros.

I was literally right grin.gif posting from my 15 Pro Max with USB-C that supports 10Gb transfer speeds. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Apple iPhone Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search