! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

iOS 14 Bringing some Android Features - Page 1/4

Subject: iOS 14 Bringing some Android Features
Replies: 25 Views: 8103
> »
polo_011 6.07.20 - 10:24pm
So finally we are seeing some Android stuff come over such as Homescreen Widgets, New Call Screen UI, App Library, Picture-in-Picture Mode, being able to set Default Web Browser and default Email app, and a few other thing. What are you guys looking forward to? Here are all the new features: [LINK]https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/ios-14/[/LINK]

To be fair iOS has had widgets for a few years but they were tucked away in the left screen, but now we can put them in our main home screen which is great, Im glad they finally did that. Also glad there is app gallery. As for setting default browser? Couldnt care much for it, Safari is by far the best mobile browser I have ever used in terms of efficiency and speed, it is so easy on battery life it shocks me and it seems most websites are specifically more optimized for Safari than any other mobile browser, I have faced the least issues with this browser vs any other I have used.

Overall I am just glad that iOS is embracing more things from Android as I really like Apples tight integration and optimization of iOS but there were a few things I was missing from android and most of them are now coming to iOS, which makes it that much better for me to use. That new Call Screen alone has BEEN in need lol.gif think all iOS users will agree on that one. * +

crail 7.07.20 - 04:06am
It's about time ios caught up with android clap.gif * +

polo_011 7.07.20 - 06:54pm
Here is a really cool feature I cannot wait to have that is in iOS 14, I hope it also makes it to Android 12. iOS devices in iOS 14 will now have a constant indicator of when your Camera or Microphone is being accessed in real time. If it is Green it means your Camera is being accessed and if Orange it means your Microphone is being accessed, I love how iOS is continuing to be hard on bad actors: [LINK] https://9to5mac.com/2020/07/07/ios-14-what-do-the-orange-and-green-dots-in-the-status-bar-mean/[/LINK]

We need more stuff like this, especially with more and more apps asking for more permissions. * +

crail 8.07.20 - 05:32pm
That is pretty cool * +

polo_011 8.07.20 - 07:49pm
iOS 14 is the Takeshi 6ix9ine of Mobile OS pmpl.gif snitching on EVERYBODY!
I am sure some app developers are scrambling to find a way either around this or to stop monitoring microphones and cameras. * +

sammy19x 14.07.20 - 08:39pm
Considering Also 70 percent of all iPhone iPads etc are made with Samsung parts * +

polo_011 15.07.20 - 08:43am

@ sammy19x - 14.07.20 - 08:39pm
Considering Also 70 percent of all iPhone iPads etc are made with Samsung parts

This is pretty typical of the industry, most phones have Samsung Memory Chips, Sony camera units, Qualcomm or Intel modems, Samsung Screens, Broadcom or Qualcomm Power Management modules, SoCs fabricated by TSMC, all put together by companies like Foxconn or Pegatron etc etc.... So not sure what your point is? * +

sammy19x 16.07.20 - 08:48am
My point is everyone bangs on that Apple make there own parts for there phones when in actual fact they don't. Even the software is made by Samsung * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Apple iPhone Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search